Budda

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I got to play a budda SuperDrive for the first time. Wow! What a loud amp! I could barley crack the volume and the sucker was loud. It had enough gain, but had nice clarity. Great hard rock amp. Not a metal amp. How does the buddy compare?

Never played a Budda, but sounds about right.

DSCN0068_zps63a10031.jpg

I tried out Johnny's Buddy and thought it was really cool. It definitely has its own thing going on. A nice change of pace rocker!

drew are there any you don't or haven't had?
Dual Buddy is really cool man!

nitrous12 said:
drew are there any you don't or haven't had?

I have tried quite a few, I wouldn't say all, but quite a few have passed through my hands over the years. I have a sickness with the dual channels, but I had a full blown modular disease when I had the single channels.

The dual Buddy is looking wicked, drewiv. How clean can channel a be and how hot can channel b go?

Which other dual mods have you tried? I got a couple of Eggie dual modules that all scream for mods, but it's kinda hard to choose between all the tasty mods out there.

mr.air said:
How clean can channel a be and how hot can channel b go?
It is surprisingly versatile from extreme to extreme.
mr.air said:
Which other dual mods have you tried?
Oh my, I try not disclose the details of my illness. :)

How similar is the Silver jubilee to a budda? I know joe bonamossa was a fan of both. I read somewhere that they sound similar. Is this true?

drewiv said:
mr.air said:
mr.air said:

I will say this for Drew?.He knows his stuff, especially dualies?Pretty sure he's been the one pushing the envelope along with the modders on this front?.
When he endorses a dualie, it's good. Methinks.

Mattfig said:
drewiv said:
mr.air said:
mr.air said:

I will say this for Drew?.He knows his stuff, especially dualies?Pretty sure he's been the one pushing the envelope along with the modders on this front?.

Well, thank you. You certainly have more confidence in me than I do. :lol:

I know there are many that have concerns about the dual channels. Not really two separate channels, shared EQ, etc. While these things are true, think about how different your amp can sound by simply turning the Gain & Volume knobs on your amp. Notice any difference in tone? Shared EQ - Marshall uses it on their DSL, Soldano uses it on their flagship SLO. Is it a compromise? Well, sure, but it's also very workable. I moved to the dual channel format in anticipation of playing out and using it as my live platform. This isn't how it worked out and I may have stayed the single channel route considering I'm pretty much a player of Madison Square Basement. My thoughts on Dual vs. Single; if you're using the modular gear at home or in studio there is absolutely no reason to have dual channel modules. If you are going to use this live, I believe that the dual channel modules are the right way to go. A MOD50 with two modules basically gives you four channels to work with and because each modules two channels share a tone stack it isn't a shocking tone change (which I personally find distracting watching live music). My $0.02

I have the single Buddy and it is one of the most unique tones out there. Hard to describe.....It has a clean mode, but I have to be careful with it as it is a million times quieter than the other mode. It is a cool clean tone to be sure, but you have to set it a lot louder than the dirty side. I accidentally forgot to reset it and when I flipped the switch I almost lost a speaker and a couple of ear drums.

drewiv said:
Mattfig said:
drewiv said:
mr.air said:
mr.air said:

Well, thank you. You certainly have more confidence in me than I do. :lol:

I know there are many that have concerns about the dual channels. Not really two separate channels, shared EQ, etc. While these things are true, think about how different your amp can sound by simply turning the Gain & Volume knobs on your amp. Notice any difference in tone? Shared EQ - Marshall uses it on their DSL, Soldano uses it on their flagship SLO. Is it a compromise? Well, sure, but it's also very workable. I moved to the dual channel format in anticipation of playing out and using it as my live platform. This isn't how it worked out and I may have stayed the single channel route considering I'm pretty much a player of Madison Square Basement. My thoughts on Dual vs. Single; if you're using the modular gear at home or in studio there is absolutely no reason to have dual channel modules. If you are going to use this live, I believe that the dual channel modules are the right way to go. A MOD50 with two modules basically gives you four channels to work with and because each modules two channels share a tone stack it isn't a shocking tone change (which I personally find distracting watching live music). My $0.02

I can defenitely see how the dual channels are of no use in a studio environment, but I must say that I like having dual channel modules for home use as I think it is much more satisfying to hit a foot controler to change tone than to stop playing and start dailing in the gain tone you want. In a live situation the duals offer more sonic possibilities and with the right choice of modules in a MOD50 you can play a rather varied gig without having to change settings on your modules on the fly. And you can get at least Athony at Salvation to make you dual mods with sepperate EQs. Further more Mr. Egnater himself has said that Egnater will revive the modular line and start producing dual EQed modules. Well that's the word at the Egnater forum over at rigtalk. I can't say if it's true or not though.

Latest posts