• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

eBay Bulletin for Friedman Fans

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
I didn't realize Dave did a Dirty Shirley mod, and yet...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Friedman-amps-Dirty-Shirley-Mod-Egnater-module-Randall-MTS-/171237698643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de8fec53

It is ! :D

Cost of eggi dual is about$250, so I figured $270 for a Friedman Mod is not too bad
Will let you know

hmic10 said:
It is ! :D

Cost of eggi dual is about$250, so I figured $270 for a Friedman Mod is not too bad
Will let you know

I'm sure it will sound great. But... you paid for the name. I was willing to do the same but I set my max bid at $400. The Friedman name/knowlage and $1.50 in components was only worth $150 to me. I'm sure you will get most/maybe all of your money back if you decide to unload it. :twisted:

YEah,that is a chuck for a module,I struggled with paying for than $400 for one and don't think I ever had too.....I liked the friedman BE that I had,but I didn't like any of his other mods.....

I chatted with the seller on Ebay. I bought his dual HBE a couple weeks ago. He sent Friedman the mod for the Dirty Shirley back in October and finally got it back a week ago. I'm not sure how much the Dirty Shirley mod was but I did see the invoice from Friedman for my HBE and he charged $200 for the HBE mod on the dual.

guitarzan said:
I chatted with the seller on Ebay. I bought his dual HBE a couple weeks ago. He sent Friedman the mod for the Dirty Shirley back in October and finally got it back a week ago. I'm not sure how much the Dirty Shirley mod was but I did see the invoice from Friedman for my HBE and he charged $200 for the HBE mod on the dual.

:shock:
I suddenly get the feeling I need to revisit my pricing structure.....

so it's safe to assume that the single would be a bit less, 160 to 180. That's a good deal if the Dirty Shirley mod holds up to the amp at 90% ish. who knows, maybe it's that 10% that makes it just so... it's such a fine sounding amp. I see one in my future. Then I'm done. No more mods for me. finished

Jaded Faith said:
guitarzan said:

Ummm, this may be self serving, but could you wait a couple weeks for the revisit? :lol:

drewiv said:
Jaded Faith said:
guitarzan said:

Ummm, this may be self serving, but could you wait a couple weeks for the revisit? :lol:

I will keep him occupied for a few days in the meantime... :D

OK I got it, Unfortunately I can only do one channel, need to send it to rob
Channel A which I think is the lower gain rocks in my RM50 with 6550's, Sounds like JMP/JTM, think of Neil Schons tone on Stone in love, I have the Suhr Aldrich pu's in my Ibanez artist. I need to get rid of the GT75 what a bland speaker!!

any word on this mod and how it compares with available clips of the amp? I'm either going to send a Plexi to Dave or to Salvo for something else....

The Dirty Shirley is an astonishing sounding amp, by the clips I've heard. If the mod compares I know what I'm doing....

thanks