Lick my Twox

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
Recently, I got three mods done by Rob. One of them was a Twox. Here are a few notes on it.

1) Aesthetically, It looks cool. The tweed and purple-magenta match up pretty well.

2) Unlike some mods, this one only has a bright and voicing switch. Its very easy to dial in.

3) The Fender voice is clear and clean with more mids.

4) Pressing the voicing switch down, switches to Vox mode. The voicing gets a little darker and the middle character changes.

5) both channels can be tuned to sound like an acoustic guitar is playing, even though I play an electric guitar.

6) while you can get breakup, I'm keeping the gain around 9 O'clock to get great cleans and I'm running the master on the module @ maximum.

7) The module takes delays a little better on the Vox side, especially in front of the amp. Both voicings can sound acoustic with the right settings on your guitar, The fender side is a little more full sounding. I couldn't help but play some 90's acoustic songs. Tom Petty and the Beatles sound equally good too. My dirt pedals and OD's sound great through either voicing, but he voicing and bright switches can fine-tune OD sound. This would be a great module to use if you have a bunch of different dirt boxes as I feel it lets their natural character shine through.

8) By far, Its the best clean MTS module I've played. As far as clean tones go, It sounds better than my old MatchVox. While I can dial other modules back and try and use them in the same way, the my Twox seems built for this kind of thing.

9) oh yea, it has great feel!

I'd like to hear a clip of it sounding acoustic. That's a tone I haven't been able to find at all. Would be awesome! (I hate playing acoustic guitars.. lol)

Ross, sorry for the some kind of off topic here, but, please give as some info and clips on The Douchy ******** mod too..sounds really interesting according to Jaded Faith Mods's facebook page. Thanks.

Petrucci said:
Ross, sorry for the some kind of off topic here, but, please give as some info and clips on The Douchy ******** mod too..sounds really interesting according to Jaded Faith Mods's facebook page. Thanks.

I ordered the same knobs that were on the fucking ******. When they arrive (shipped from China), I'll post some pics and a full review. As a preview, Its the tone I've been after all these years and wasn't able to get until now...and its incredible!

Some warm and sexy cleans... definitely takes that overdrive well. Great video Rossness!

So it begs to be asked: why was I not serenaded when you came by the shop? :lol:

Good to hear it with the OD pedals too, I was thinking of using it as my clean with the band.

I'm digging the way that mod sounds with your strumming, I think I may like one of these more than my Superclean. The Superclean just isn't as warm and sounds tighter to me. Good call with the M13 btw, I run one with my RM100 and it's awesome.