MIDI Footpedal for G Major?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase a G Major and was just wondering what MIDI control pedal to buy for this unit. I was thinking about getting the Rocktron Midimate. Any opinions?

The Rocktron is a good floorboard.

If you want something a little cheaper, the RFX (formerly Rolls) MIDI Buddy goes for about $100 new. I believe it does everything the Rocktron board will, not 100% sure if it offers stomp box mode, check their website if you need that. The one thing I DON'T like about the MIDI Buddy is it's small size; it's easy to hit the wrong button (or more than one) unintentionally if you've got wide feet. It's been so long since I've seen the Rocktron MIDIMate in person that I don't remember how big that board is in comparison.

If you want expression pedals, the Behringer FCB1010 ($150) is the way to go, unless you're willing to spend a lot more $$. I love the layout of this board with the staggered upper and lower rows, widely spaced buttons, and dual expression pedals. I NEVER hit the wrong button with this thing! Downside is the manual is written (translated?) poorly and as a result, lots of folks have trouble configuring the expression pedals to work with non-Behringer gear. In addition, some of the interior switches are not the most durable and after two years of use, they started failing on me. Replacing them was inexpensive, but just know this day will come.

Don't waste your time with the TC G Minor - I believe it only advances up or down one preset at a time.

Unfortunately, ART appears to be completely out of the MIDI floorboard market. My first board was an ART and it lasted over 10 years. I use the Behringer now.

Hope this helps!

Gary

Hey trend,

Check out Flicker's usergroup on yahoo for help with the Behringer floorboard if you pick it up. He explains how to use the midi connections with the G-Major and the FCB1010 in great detail, so if you get it that should help. Good luck sir! :)

Thank for the help guys. Yeah I read alot of reviews that say they are hard to program and to use the Yahoo user group for help. Do you know what the link is? I like that pedalboard because it already has the expression pedals. I'm sure it's like anything else with guitar equipment, always a learning curve but eventually you figure it out.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/

I don't know if this is "Flicker's usergroup"...but's it's the only one I know of.

The ADA MC-1's can be had pretty cheap. Just a basic midi pedal.

The Axess MFC5 is a nice simple midi selector. That's what I use. For something fancier, the Axess FX-1 is super nice.

Latest posts