Mach X

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post more to Facebook today once I finish it. That was shot with an iPhone about 2 feet away from the cab as a reference, so not the most ideal audio example. It was intended to show the customer the results I got regarding his request for a true clean on A and full on angry on B. I was quite pleased with the outcome.

... but Dual Channels aren't truly Dual Channel. :wink:

So, what's the point?

:lol:

drewiv said:

So, what's the point?

I don't really use clean channels very often... I only have 4 modules & an M4... & this is my 3rd mod out of the 4 modules. I didn't want to use up my precious final donor for a dedicated clean. So hopefully, this clean will suit my needs well enough, so I can get another mid or high-gainer out of my last donor.

That's my thought process behind it anyway!! :lol:

SALVAGED said:
drewiv said:

So, what's the point?

I don't really use clean channels very often... I only have 4 modules & an M4... & this is my 3rd mod out of the 4 modules. I didn't want to use up my precious final donor for a dedicated clean. So hopefully, this clean will suit my needs well enough, so I can get another mid or high-gainer out of my last donor.

For the record, I WAS TOTALLY KIDDING. :)

I find the benefits of Dual Channels to be plenty for me AND I love your reasoning. Very valid for someone not a "clean freak." :lol:

drewiv said:

I find the benefits of Dual Channels to be plenty for me AND I love your reasoning. Very valid for someone not a "clean freak." :lol:

:lol: I knew you were, Drew! You still raised a valid question though! :)

drewiv said:
SALVAGED said:
drewiv said:

So, what's the point?

Nah, you're just a wise-***! :wink:

I pulled a pretty cool hat trick on this one to make the concept work while having my hands tied by the architecture.

Jaded Faith said:
drewiv said:
SALVAGED said:
drewiv said:

So, what's the point?

Nah, you're just a wise-***! :wink:

I pulled a pretty cool hat trick on this one to make the concept work while having my hands tied by the architecture.

We've talked enough for you to know that about me. Now, should I share some of our "Cabin Fever" texts with the group? :lol:

I'm interested, as always. Wondering if a hat trick can be performed on another module we've spoken about. :wink:

nitrous12 said:
Is the Extreme side that of the JF Mark X?

Sort of...? there was some techy stuff that made the circuit slightly different, me thinks. Something about pre & post EQ... and gain stages & faucets of water... uh... ROB!! HELP!! :lol:

nitrous12 said:
Is the Extreme side that of the JF Mark X?

Nope....this is the email I got from Rob when I asked that very question...

"This is based off of older Mark series amps, and it has a distinct clean channel. The rest of it is fine tuned and not very similar to the Mark X. The added switch is also a different feature then the Mark X has."

This design is all-new, nothing in common with the Mark X really. All different gain staging, voicing and location of the EQ circuit in the signal flow. It's a beautiful looking and playing mod. For those interested, email me ASAP. I can only make 2-4 more based on stock and I just responded to on interested party. These won't last.