What module should I use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDeceived

Reaction score
I just got a Randall RM4 and a RT2/50 and I can't wait to jam on them but I've got a problem. I need to find the right module. Currently I play on a 1st gen Randall RH200. It's the one with the red power switch. I have been playing on it for about 7 years and I love the tone. I know its solid state but I'm willing to make a change. I need something similar for my style of playing. I only use the red gain channel for a nice crunch rhythm. I would imagine one of the Randall modules would work. It has a ton of bottom end and doesn't distort too much. I use my mxr 78 distortion and eq before it to drive it more so I don't end up pushing a ton of gain though the amp itself. The best thing that came to mind was the Salvation Mods Stoner AD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheDeceived said:
I just got a Randall RM4 and a RT2/50 and I can't wait to jam on them but I've got a problem. I need to find the right module. Currently I play on a 1st gen Randall RH200. It's the one with the red power switch. I have been playing on it for about 7 years and I love the tone. I know its solid state but I'm willing to make a change. I need something similar for my style of playing. I only use the red gain channel for a nice crunch rhythm. I would imagine one of the Randall modules would work. It has a ton of bottom end and doesn't distort too much. I use my mxr 78 distortion and eq before it to drive it more so I don't end up pushing a ton of gain though the amp itself. The best thing that came to mind was the Salvation Mods Stoner AD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure many, if anybody on this forum is familiar with that particular amp. I know for sure that I am not. So, it will be difficult to answer your question specifically. It would be more beneficial for you to post either a more specific tone your looking for (tight, loose, marshally, recto-ey, etc), or similarity to a particular artist so the folks here can reckoned something based on something they can relate to.

Welcome to the forum, btw! This is a great forum and folks will definitely help you out anytime, it's just tough when you can't really tell what your after...