Voxless AC30 side

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
I have had my Voxless a while now and never tried dialing the AC30 side much.
Spent some time last night and had some great tones going. I found that side sounds better to me with boost off while the DC30 side is better with it on.
I also found the treble has a sweet range somewhere between 1:00 and 3:00. Too high and it quickly gets thin and way too bright. Too low and its dull.
Clean to breakup it's a lot of fun and a tone I don't have much experience with.

I have also been using the AC-30 side of the VoxLess in my main rig and it has a tone like no other. My one problem with it is how quiet it is compared to most other modules. I have it in my RM 4 with the SL-OD100 and 59RR and I have to do some major adjusting to get them in the same ballpark.

The AC30 mode is quieter due to the lack of midrange frequency which is the key to an AC30's chime. It's a nessecary evil.

The VoxLess does a pretty sweet Fender "pushed" sound with the rotary switch at noon and the gain relatively high! Very versatile module...

msm222 said:
The VoxLess does a pretty sweet Fender "pushed" sound with the rotary switch at noon and the gain relatively high! Very versatile module...
This is not by mistake: the 3rd (noon) setting is essentially a Fender tone stack!