Salvation Camerica - anyone with experience?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.air

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Salvation Camerica yet? I'm quite interested in this mod as I like the simplicity opposed to all the switches of the Camerock.

Well I certainly didn't need another module on my 'Want' list, but now there is one.
This looks really cool. I dig the sound clip.

I have a dual Camerock and it's good but it has more dials and switches than the cockpit of a jumbo jet.
I tend not to use the more compressed tone options - but there are some good tone options buried in there
The Camerica looks very temptingfor it's simplicity

woops, i doubled up on this post / module as the demo is extremely well played and I thought it did an excellent job of demonstrating the strength of the module.

felineguitars said:

Am I correct in thinking that the Camerica is based on Marks Aldrich mod? Coz that was a **** cool mod.

Congrats on the anniversary guitars Jon... They look stellar to say the least!

ricknasty1985 said:
felineguitars said:

Am I correct in thinking that the Camerica is based on Marks Aldrich mod? Coz that was a **** cool mod.

Hmmm. It was my understanding it was based on the Cameron Atomica, which is Mark's Jose Mod. I'm not 100%, but that's what I thought.

drewiv said:
ricknasty1985 said:
felineguitars said:

Hmmm. It was my understanding it was based on the Cameron Atomica, which is Mark's Jose Mod. I'm not 100%, but that's what I thought.

Your right! Sorry I just checked the salvation page. Oh well, maybe an Aldrich mod will pop up someday haha

Kapo_Polenton said:
woops, i doubled up on this post / module as the demo is extremely well played and I thought it did an excellent job of demonstrating the strength of the module.

Totally agree, one of the best demos I've heard. Great playing! Sounds better than the Camerock to me too...I had a Camerock and could not get my sound of it- Doesnt mean the Camerock isnt a great mod, its seems to be one of the most popular mods out there, but this demo has tones I couldnt get from mine. My issue is I lacked the patience to screw around for hours with a mod that I just paid $450 bucks for! lol- (Never had any trouble dialing in my Masholdano or Salvado Deluxe though!) Very interested to hear feedback if anyone picks one of these Camericas up. FWIW- Drew is right, it is based off of a different amp altogether (Atomica) which is on it's own a BEAST of an amp.

I spent a few hours with a Camerock last night and was able to dial up a few pretty cool tones. Different than my JF mods but still cool.

Salvo mods seem to fit in a completely different space of the tone landscape than the JF mods from my experience. Not better or worse. Just a different feel and EQ.

Wow, that demo sounds amazing! I might be compelled to purchase one these modules.

Wow.