Rectifier / engl fire ball mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeychunki

Reaction score
Hi I'm about to pick up a RM50 head and am looking for a rectifier clone module along with something that will bring me close to a engl fb so that real tight low end djent sound.

Do I need to do any mods to the head itself or should the modules get me there ?

Interested in views on the best modules for these sounds

Cheers

If you can't find anything tight enough in it's own....although the ANGEL from Salvo seems plenty tight... Can always:

1. Run a Tubescremer out front (they cut bass)

2. Mod the input section of the amp, lower the value of the coupling cap in the first tube stage

You could do all the above but the Angel E does a great "Engl" style sound. I am not as familiar with the Fireball as I am a Powerball but if I remember correctly, they are similar with the Powerball having more options. Anyway, super tight low end/high gain- the two best mods I've played are the Angel E and the Afterlife (based on an Uberschall but good luck finding one of those!)

+1 on the Angel E and Afterlife.
By far the best two tight high gain mods (I've owned everything)

Get the Angel E.....won't disappoint

I've talked to Rob about a JF Engl mod in detail.
It is on the back burner now, but he needs to know there is interest to move forward.
The last couple mods he worked on haven't sold enough to cover the cost of R&D.
We need more interest in MTS!