Mods In Route

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
I had three special requests for Rob to round out my module collection. Mostly modules of the past that I really have missed. The third was just the best clean I have ever heard in my life and didn't know until I owned the amp. So, here they are for the people that aren't on Facebook. I'm done adding to the modules for a while, but that doesn't mean I'm done with Rob. He has something pretty hot on his plate for me ATM (my "signature" amp). Then, I'm done for a while... really. Wifey says she wants a new house and a bambino. :lol:

a6d9057d562ffb47552fbb7ed419d138_zps207c648e.jpg

a8e98c0a401f5be3238d1c719129763d_zps6f28a67f.jpg

9ece74ef0e7c5b8b3116838dbca9d12d_zps6fd9526b.jpg

They look as good as they sound. Enjoy them and good luck with the bambino. We'll be racing you on that one soon as well.

Nice mods, I got a very "custom" amp from Rob that I've had in the que for R&D also.
Me thinks yours might be up the same alley as mine.

Also it's funny seeing all the baby talk in here latley, we got our first in the oven now. 13 weeks in. Seems like the year of the offspring, I have a few friends that are also in the same boat. Exciting times for sure.

Ah, I remember waiting for my daughter to be born. it is the same feeling as waiting by the mailbox for the next new mod to be delivered.

I'll definitely be ordering that Shiva clean module. Might have to rename it though. She:Clean sounds a little too dirty for me. :lol:

ricky said:
Ah, I remember waiting for my daughter to be born. it is the same feeling as waiting by the mailbox for the next new mod to be delivered.

You're a sick, sick man. :lol:

I do have to admit that making the baby was a lot more fun than working with Rob on making a mod. But that is just me....

Me, I'm waiting for a spot to open up in a clinical trial for Not_Having_Kids?

http://youtu.be/4AhGvR0143s?t=36s

"See our ad in every travel magazine. Individual results may vary. Not_Having_Kids? is also indicated to treat such conditions as Crippling Financial Burden, I Used To Have Hobbies, Perpetually Occupied Basement and Insomnia. Not_Having_Kids? does not protect against having to hold, watch and/or tolerate other people's kids. Please, tell your doctor if you already have kids before you try Not_Having_Kids?, as this may result in being a neglectful *******."

I have talked about this before I think. I am a Fender fanatic and have a few old Fenders. The stock Blackface was kind of hollow sounding where as a real twin is sharp and "spanky." I had my stock Blackface modded twice by another modder on here and it came back to where it would distort like a Deluxe when you cranked it up. As a matter of fact he put a gain pot inside. A real Twin is clean until you get the volume up to ear splitting levels. The distortion, when you can get it, is kind of unique in that it is not like a normal distortion and is somewhat unusable, which is why all of those great clean tele solos were done with twins......really clean tone and really warm, tube sounding. (However, using a tube screamer up front changes things nicely.)Anyway, I sent it to Rob and he made it into the real deal. I have my old twin and an RM50 across from each other and I can get it to where I can't tell the difference, for the most part. It would be like having two different twins which are pretty much the same but never exactly the same. Well worth the price, IMO.

How does that Shiva clean mod sound? I've recently had the pleasure of playing a Shiva for the first time - fantastic amp all around IMO, prolly what I'd use if I didn't have my mts rig - absolutely love it! And, I have to concur, it has the best clean I've ever heard. So, very curious how close rob got with this mod. Please tell me it's spot on!

Corium_AZ said:
How does that Shiva clean mod sound? I've recently had the pleasure of playing a Shiva for the first time - fantastic amp all around IMO, prolly what I'd use if I didn't have my mts rig - absolutely love it! And, I have to concur, it has the best clean I've ever heard. So, very curious how close rob got with this mod. Please tell me it's spot on!

Last word I got from Drew on this a week ago was "Well, Shiva will be for sale shortly. You nailed it, sir."

Jaded Faith said:
Corium_AZ said:

Last word I got from Drew on this a week ago was "Well, Shiva will be for sale shortly. You nailed it, sir."

Shiva is for sale.

Jaded Faith said:
Corium_AZ said:

Rob - what type of donor do you need for one of these? I'd be interested in a single channel version...