• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- JF, Twox, Douchy ********, GrailTone, RM100C

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I'm too **** picky. I've decided to sell my new JF mods and get a Kemper. All the mods are in superb condition. International shipping will cost about $50 extra. (I won't ship the amp internationally)

JF Twox- $250 SOLD
JF Grail Tone- $250
JF The Douchey ******** $285

I'm also selling my RM100 Combo. It has an issue where I can't get a bias reading from one of the tube test points. However, the tubes in there haven't be biased in a long time and they still work great. Besides that, the amp is in great shape. $475 shipped.

Well that didn't last long! (douchebag)

That said, if you can't get a sound you like out of a kemper.. it's time to take up drums. That thing is pretty killer and tons of sound prints (or whatever they call them) for great amps are a click away.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Well that didn't last long! (douchebag)

That said, if you can't get a sound you like out of a kemper.. it's time to take up drums. That thing is pretty killer and tons of sound prints (or whatever they call them) for great amps are a click away.

The DD has great tones, its the closest module to replicating an SLO that Ive played, but I'm discovering something about myself as a player: while something like an SLO is a grail tone of mine, I'm a better player on something that responds quicker to the touch (VHT) and sounds dryer (VHT, Mesa). I've got my Salvo Orange and JF 5150 modules that have loads of compression/ gain and they're fun to play, but I sound better and play better on something different.

With that said, I'm going to buy a kemper eventually, and see how it works. It should be much more apartment friendly, and even if I buy the pro amp profiles it should cost less than my MTS setup. If it doesn't work, I'm getting a Fryette Pitbull CLX and a Mesa Triaxis.

I also might drop antoin a line and see if he can make me a module that combines the best things of my MarkUS and Terrier modules (as they're my two favorite modules).

koolaidman.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

You aren't leaving MTS entirely are ya?

Kemper GAS has been a hard one for me to fight off myself. Please come back and say it sucks...

Mattfig said:
koolaidman.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

You aren't leaving MTS entirely are ya?

Kemper GAS has been a hard one for me to fight off myself. Please come back and say it sucks...

I've been in the MTS game since 2007/2008-ish.in that time, I've had:
1) EVH 5150 III 100 watt (one of the first hundred built)
2) VHT Sig:X
3) Orange Rockerverb 100 MKI
4) 2008 Splawn QuickRod
5) 2010 Splawn QuickRod
6) Blackstat HT-100
7) Laney Ironheart Studio
8 ) Jet City JCA100HDM
9) EVH 5150 III 50 watt
10) Mesa Boogie Mark V
11) Marshall JVM205H
12) Orange Micro Terror
13)Vox VT40+
14) Orange Dual Terror
15) Vox Night Train

I've kept the 50 watt EVH, Laney, vt40+ and micro terror, but somehow, I always end up coming back to mts. So, no, I'm not leaving. I am slimimg down my collection to help pay for the kemper and active FRFR speaker. With my past experience, I have 5 modules (4 Salvation and 1 JF) that I won't sell, an RM100 I won't sell and a system that works for me. However, I have to look towards the future and atleast for now, the kemper seems like the way to go, So I'll have both systems- Analog MTS and Digital Kemper.

Mattfig said:
Ross,

You should talk to CrankyRayHanky, he does Kemper too and loves it....Are you gonna profile your mods and do a comparison???? That would be awesome....

Cheers.

I'm already ahead of you on that one. I've talked to him on and off about the kemper for a few months now. Yeah, I'll profile my mods. I find it ironic that you can profile MTS mods, AXE FX tones and the like :)

The Rossness said:
Mattfig said:
Ross,

You should talk to CrankyRayHanky, he does Kemper too and loves it....Are you gonna profile your mods and do a comparison???? That would be awesome....

Cheers.

I'm already ahead of you on that one. I've talked to him on and off about the kemper for a few months now. Yeah, I'll profile my mods. I find it ironic that you can profile MTS mods, AXE FX tones and the like :)

I'll admit that I don't know much about the Kemper and I am very curious as to how you will make out with it. For years, I think I tried about everything digital up until the Kemper and Axe FX became popular. I could never get the raw, live, tube tone out of anything digital.
I also play bass quite a bit and have tube and solid state bass heads. They can both be good in their own ways but something magical always happens when I fire up the tube head.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the results...somebody buy Rossness' mods so he can get his Kemper already!

JD said:
The Rossness said:
Mattfig said:
Ross,

Cheers.

I'll admit that I don't know much about the Kemper and I am very curious as to how you will make out with it. For years, I think I tried about everything digital up until the Kemper and Axe FX became popular. I could never get the raw, live, tube tone out of anything digital.
I also play bass quite a bit and have tube and solid state bass heads. They can both be good in their own ways but something magical always happens when I fire up the tube head.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the results...somebody buy Rossness' mods so he can get his Kemper already!

Someone, please buy the RM100 combo. It takes up the space I need for the kempmer FRFR cab. :)

Ross, are you left holding the Douchebag? :lol:

I've been waiting to say that for a while

good luck with the Kemper. I've been wondering how it is myself. y experience with Line 6 put me off of digital but from all I've heard of Kemper, it's another world

The Rossness said:
I'm thinking of keeping the ********. It sounds killer and looks so douchey.

You might be able to sell it with a new faceplate? :D

It actually sounds like a cool mod and the look is kinda appealing to someone like me as well. I like silly and funny. Not in the market for mods but I'll admit that the Douchebag has crossed my mind.. 8)