RT-2/50 Foglifters

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodgemo

Reaction score
So, having spent some time now with my newly upgraded 2/50 (now with blue LEDs, too), here are some thoughts, for anyone interested:

Basically, the Foglifters do exactly what Rob says they do: the lows are more focused, and the feel is improved. The highs are more airy and open (less shrill), and the sweep of the presence pot feels a bit more reserved, natural. This is probably about as succinct as I can be here.

Now, the biggest downside to all this is the fact that both PCBs must be removed and sent in for modification. You actually have to remove the front panel to accomplish this (though they need to be removed to get at the connectors, anyway). Having done it once, it wouldn't be a problem, but it was a huge annoyance at the time, probably enhanced by the fact that I really do not enjoy tinkering with small parts to begin with. That said though, it was worth every minute.

Bottom line, my honest opinion is that this is an essential upgrade for these amps.

Latest posts