Any high-gain modules that come with a 'clean channel'?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p4vl

Reaction score
Other than the Salvation Markus? I mean a clean channel that comes as a feature of the revamped module, not something one would pay extra for.

I ask because I am poor and a crappy clean player.

Hello, If you're referring to a video that I did where I stated you have to switch inside the module - that is an incorrect statement on my part..
The switch on the MarkUs in my video is really a tone shaping switch from fat to something (I cant remember of the top of my head)

But it truly doesn't switch between clean and dirty like I said. My fault.

its a matter of how you dial it in.

the only thing I can think of with what you're looking for is maybe a Egnater dual mod - but then you have to have the Egnater M4, MOD 50 or MOD 100 to take advantage of the dual channels..

I don't know a whole lot about the dual modules so maybe someone else can answer that.

My MarkUS has a dedicated clean channel....It's quite nice...It is on a push/pull pot and cleans up entirely....

Salvo Stonerverb has a great clean channel too....I know there's more but that's all I could think of atm...

This does the trick for me, you can order it with the toggle to access both channels in Randall gear. I love mine.

A lot of mods can clean up nicely, but few have a dedicated switch for that purpose.

544eccd2-1ea3-4426-b21d-be3b171f90d1_zpsb377e9f8.jpg

JayDA said:
This does the trick for me, you can order it with the toggle to access both channels in Randall gear. I love mine.

A lot of mods can clean up nicely, but few have a dedicated switch for that purpose.

544eccd2-1ea3-4426-b21d-be3b171f90d1_zpsb377e9f8.jpg

and coincidentally...there is one of those on Evil Bay right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaded-Faith-Mach-X-Egnater-Randall-MTS-preamp-Egnater-dual-channel-/321367071737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad2f85bf9

Mattfig said:
My MarkUS has a dedicated clean channel....It's quite nice...It is on a push/pull pot and cleans up entirely....

When was your modified? Maybe the newer mods have a push/pull (one of the pictures on the Salvation Mods site calls it the Marque, not the MarkUs, so I suppose they've changed it up a lot).

p4vl said:
Mattfig said:

When was your modified? Maybe the newer mods have a push/pull (one of the pictures on the Salvation Mods site calls it the Marque, not the MarkUs, so I suppose they've changed it up a lot).

Mine is brand new and is branded on the bottom as MarkUS+....Has all the bells and whistles and sounds phenomenal...I had a previous version of MarkUS which was great but the one I have now is perfect...It has a gain boost, recto or scooped eq, clean channel, and all the usual MarkUS features...

It is one of the mods that makes me happy every time I play it....

JF Silverado has a very good clean mode.
I also find the JF XTC Plexi mode can be dialed in for a good clean tone.

The XTC can get higher gain but for me if I needed a good clean and good rockin gain all in one module I would go Silverado.

More about Clean Modules: Some have said that the JF Super Clean is the only mod that can sound great with high output humbuckers (actually, I think they said actives but I'm staying passive). True?

p4vl said:
More about Clean Modules: Some have said that the JF Super Clean is the only mod that can sound great with high output humbuckers (actually, I think they said actives but I'm staying passive). True?

I have high output passive buckers in my PRS and LP and yes the Superclean is very easy to dial in the gain to keep the tone nice and full, but still very clean. You can still push it into some breakup too, but to me thats not where it shines.

That said, I haven't had a problem with getting good clean tones with these high output pups on other modules. That is one thing with a lot of MTS modules, they seem to have a very wide useful gain range.

I also have a Mach X from Jaded Faith. I love this thing. It's high gain, but it's more of a smoother, vintage "Mark" high gain... if that makes sense. It's not like an Ubersonic/Super-Clean combination or anything... but it fills in the 2 tone-voids that I had, perfectly. :D

All this Mach X talk... I hate you all. I keep telling myself "I don't need it," but then all you jackasses keep talking it up. Again, I hate you all. :D

drewiv said:
All this Mach X talk... I hate you all. I keep telling myself "I don't need it," but then all you jackasses keep talking it up. Again, I hate you all. :D

Right there with you... And to make it worse, I didn't even try it when I had the chance at Rob's shop!

The JF XTC's Plexi mode makes for a very usable clean. However, you'll almost certainly need to set the gain and tone stack differently to get your clean tone in that mode compared to where they would be on the red or blue channel modes. To be able to hit a switch and get to a good clean without making any other adjustments, you would probably need a separate gain control at minimum and probably a separate tone stack as well. Amp makers' experiments in providing clean/crunch/lead modes that rely on a single set of controls have had mixed results at best. The Mesa/Boogie Mark III just barely manages to make that work pretty well.

Jaded Faith said:
Even worse: I made the last donor I had for it into one for Oyster this week and dual COD's are not all that common. :(
Don't you worry. I have one... Oh, yes, I have one.