Acoustic focused MTS preamp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryzakk

Reaction score
Has anybody (Egnater, Randall, JF, Salvation etc.) done an MTS preamp for acoustic guitars? I think that'd be cool, but would maybe not be the biggest selling item. Or would it be the next big thing? Chuck in digital reverb and a compressor somehow and I'd buy 3!

There really hasn't been an acoustic focused mod. the best I could think of might be Rob's SuperClean. I have never tried it but it is nice and warm and clean.
Most of my favorite acoustic preamps are solid state anyway.

I have used the JF Superclean with my Epiphone Acoustic, stock piezo pickup. In a RM 100 it is awe inspiring. Full bodied, beautiful sound. I have to tweak the eq differently than when using it with an electric, but it is really cool. I am thinking the Twox by Rob at Jaded Faith would be cool too.

It would surprise me if the Twox would sound good with an acoustic. However, i don't own one. I do own a VoxLess and JF Tweed and the cool thing about them is that they start breaking up at a low volume, which is not what I want on an acoustic. I would think that the SuperClean or the stock Randall Clean would be the best bet for a warm clear sound on an acoustic

Very interesting... would anyone care to provide a video? I'd especially like to hear the Twox.

Don't forget about the stock Randall CLEAN. For acoustic guitars, it brings out the character of your power amp and speakers.

For single coils with a little of my El Capistan dTape Echo, I can nail a Mark Knopfler tone.

I also use an old DigiTech GSP-2101 with a ducked reverb to get that singing Jeff Beck clean tone.