• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Angel E FS -SOLD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblyn

Reaction score
Well...I do NOT want to sell this...but I have my eyes on another piece of gear that I need more than I need this and while Im still waiting for one of my Charvels to sell, this is definitely my best mod and holds the most value... I posted about this one after I got it and still feel the same- It is the best modern high gain mod available (and yes, it sounds better than my Afterlife did- it is amazing! ). You can literally steal this for SOLD PENDING FUNDS- Paypal gift.... Tons of deals on here...Just ask around-

EDIT- Prefer deals to be CONUS...I would consider but please PM me to work out cost.

Wow, that went fast!

Out of curiousity, can anyone comment on how the Angel E compares to the original Angel module? Is there a significant difference in tone between these two modules?

metalsoup said:
Wow, that went fast!

Out of curiousity, can anyone comment on how the Angel E compares to the original Angel module? Is there a significant difference in tone between these two modules?

Yes it did! Just a few minutes really....Its been a few years since I had the Angel B- And I did like that but tended to use it for more for leads for some reason- (was a bit thinner) From what I remember the Angel E has more clarity, can be dialed in to be" thicker" and punchier and sounds more like an Engl- The EQ (low/hi mids) gives you a lot more options as well.

I thought this Angel (E) and the original Angel were based on different Engl amps? (I don't know which - but I'd bet someone here knows).

Always figured the E was targeted towards a channel or two from the E530 preamp.

Might be...not sure. The Steve Morse sig has the extra EQ added too. Im not sure which amps they are targeting...All I know is the "E" sounds better to my ears and definitely has more "punch" to it.

I never cared for the E-530 during the many months I owned one. I like the E-520 I had way better but finally got rid of it after going MTS.

Charlie

Just received this mod and gotta say.....It is different....I have owned every previous version of Angel but this is my first E....The EQ is very versatile...The tone has a ton of clarity and bite...While ENGL amps are not usually my thing, this is the beauty of MTS - I have the best alternative for much less money. Very satisfied and thanks rblyn!

Glad to hear you like it Matt- It's a beast! Certainly a step up from previous versions. Very sensitive to V1 tube changes too...Give a few different ones a try 8)