Mark Tremonti solo discussion

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
So there are a literal plethora of killer Tremonti solos...nearly EACH of which I love. However, with the solo album and the new AB album he's all but grown from the flashy legato and really grown quite the voice on his instrument. I really just wanted to share what is my current favorite Tremonti guitar solo but I thought it'd be fun to start a conversation. What's your favorite solo? What do you love about it?

http://youtu.be/dEe7BXKhBsk

"Leave It Alone" from his solo record is my choice to kick it off.
He really managed to nail the essence of the song and dug into some Dave Gilmour Territory with this one. A little flash in the middle (but killer) my favorite part is the closing phrase. He ends the ascent on a high note that kinda takes the "I hear where this is going" ear for a nice ride. Check it out.

Great choice of solo. That one plays in my head quite a bit and I didn't realize it till I took a listen here. I know he loves banking solos back and forth with Myles Kennedy in AB and I feel he was trying to make that kind of thing happen here. He started in a nice mid gain melodic thing and built it up to some tasty licks.
Love his work and to be honest I could care less if Creed produces another album. lol The wife gets upset when I say that. AB and Tremonti is where its at in my opinion. He is one of the hardest working players in the biz.
If I had to pick a favorite off his solo album I would say You Waste Your Time. Just fits nice and has his signature flavor all around.

I'm a huge fan of all of Tremontis work. He just seems to get better and better. At the moment AB's Fortress is on constant rotation with "Addicted to Pain" getting the most play off that album.