Salvation Supra Bold and Vamp mods. Who's got 'em?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamminbond

Reaction score
I am somewhat new to the whole MTS scene. When I was researching the gear that is available I was super pleased (and surprised) to see that Salvation is making a Supro AND a Vamp mod! How cool and unique is that? Who has these mods? How accurate of a tone do they produce? Do you like them? Lets hear some honest reviews!

Vamp -

All I can say is very very nice !!!
I bought it purely for the cleans, but **** this can groove pretty nicely.

But wait, throw a boost in front of it... wow :)

Yes, I plan on doing one soon. Just been real crazy here.
GF broke her hip last week and had hip replacement, I've been running and back n forth from work-hosp-home and repeat..ugh

Soon I hope - it really is a very cool mod.
I just haven't had a whole lot of time to enjoy it.
As a matter if fact, the day I received it was the day she broke her hip so I dropped it at Matt's house so he could play then picked it up on my way back.
Only managed an hour or less since then to mess around but **** it is nice!

Thanks for the well wishes :)

She's up and walking around now, still sore, but progressing.. :)

Now, I've got to catch up on some audio video clips

The Vamp sure sounds like a sweet one. Hey Johnny, Mattfig, can you get a real boxy chunky sound out of the Vamp pretty easily? When I think 70s Glam I'm thinking, like, Mick Ronson/ Marc Bolan style tone. The only clips I've heard of it are clean and I am really interested in its driven tones. I'd love to hear you tear it up on a clip! Also, do you know anything about the fuzz mod? I watched the Billy Corgan Rig Rundown and he mentions something about his having a "fuzz mod"..... I'm so curious!
What about the Supra Bold? I've seen and heard the Salvations clips on that and its pretty astounding to my ears. Anyone tried that yet?

P.S. Johnny, sorry to hear about your girl. That sucks man.

Johnny Wadd said:
Oh and Matt has that really cool Zoom camera that has great audio !

C'mon Matt ! Hurry Hurry Hurry

Hey Matt, I'm thinking about getting the Q4. In your classifieds post, you mentioned you got it for the audio but the video is just ok. What don't you like about the video and what do you use that's better? Thanks!

Ah, I see. So as a main camera fixed on a tripod it would be ok? Would it be mountable on the guitar head stock and be able to shoot from that close? I intended on using multiple cameras once I get into serious recording anyway so I might not be a big deal I suppose.

MarcoR said:
Ah, I see. So as a main camera fixed on a tripod it would be ok? Would it be mountable on the guitar head stock and be able to shoot from that close? I intended on using multiple cameras once I get into serious recording anyway so I might not be a big deal I suppose.

A friend of mine bought a tiny keychain camera at a gas station once and mounted it to a guitar headstock as a goof. Turned out surprisingly well.

http://youtu.be/RJI_s_kJrmQ

iekobrid said:
MarcoR said:

A friend of mine bought a tiny keychain camera at a gas station once and mounted it to a guitar headstock as a goof. Turned out surprisingly well.

http://youtu.be/RJI_s_kJrmQ

Cool, I like the incense holder as a camera mount. That's some ingenuity!

Latest posts