JF Marshall Mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
If I was looking for an ultimate Marshall Mod from Jaded Faith, which would be more suitable, the 1959RR, the GrailTone, or Quick Mod?
I don't use low gain plexi tones all that much, I'm definitely more of a high gain player, so the hotrodded plexi tones of the Quick Mod might be low enough for me.

buriedorburned said:
If I was looking for an ultimate Marshall Mod from Jaded Faith, which would be more suitable, the 1959RR, the GrailTone, or Quick Mod?
I don't use low gain plexi tones all that much, I'm definitely more of a high gain player, so the hotrodded plexi tones of the Quick Mod might be low enough for me.

I think you may have answered your own question. :D

Though, I know the Splawn is modeled after Marshall, I just don't get the Marshall feel from it. I haven't played a JF 59RR in a long time, but I do have a JF 59BJA modeled after Billie Joe Armstrong's Martin Golub modded Marshalls. That module has turned into my favorite Marshall based module. That said, I'm pretty much looking for the hot-rodded Plexi/JCM800 tones. You would probably be very happy with the Quick Mod.

If VH1 and VH2 tones are high gain enough for you, GrailTone is the one. You can always boost it with an overdrive too.

The QuickMod certainly has more tones to choose from, but for me it wasn't thick and chunky enough. Too much high mids for me. Great for solos though with all of that cut.

The '59RR is wonderful for Marshall tones up to JCM800. Again, you'll want an overdrive to boost it beyond that, but it certainly is the most versatile of the Marshall mods from JF.

I've got the 59rr platinum and its killer. I don't really use the JMP side only the JCM side and it has plenty of gain for me. I'm not a high gain player but the Platinum does have the extra gain stage switch which gives it more gain than I'd ever use.

what do you guys think the best Jaded Faith module is for extreme Metal?

I have ordered the Ubersonic and the Snakebite, they should arrive any time now, cant wait, but in addition what would any of you recommend?

I like high gain shredder tones with thick bottom end...

thanks for your input!

Exoticwood said:
what do you guys think the best Jaded Faith module is for extreme Metal?

I have ordered the Ubersonic and the Snakebite, they should arrive any time now, cant wait, but in addition what would any of you recommend?

I like high gain shredder tones with thick bottom end...

thanks for your input!

Stein+ is pretty overlooked but I love mine - unseated my snakebite :D

For those who want to hear a clip comparing the JF Grail Tone and Quick Mod, here ya go. FYI I used my iPhone for video/audio but sounds pretty decent with headphones or bigger speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iD1XTKKk7I

Let me know if you have any questions or want specific settings or riffs in another video.

At least the way you set them, the grailtone is pure hotrod plexi, while the quick mod has more of a low thump and modern scooped thing going.

Yep, the goal was to compare the high-gain side of things since most people are interested in the Van Halen sound for the grail tone and maybe the 80's rock/metal for the Quick Mod.

The iphone video does compress the sound making it a little higher-gainy sounding than it is in person too. I just don't have time to do proper recordings these days.

Maybe I'll make a lower gain comparison soon

The Quick Mod sounds like i thought it might, very interesting. A nice take on the modern modded Marshall. Since my Camerock has moved on (sadly, due to my RM20 dying), i think this might be a good replacement for my Marshall/Lead mod in 2nd Channel of my RM100.