twin modules in randalls..?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
withmittens said:
are they at least manual switchable? thx

No, they are not switchable in stock form. A switch can be added to make both channels accessible in Randall gear....you can see one on my Mach X here, on the far right.

ddf4fec1-e7e6-4976-a50f-1f359b7f2cae_zpsc0836107.jpg

withmittens said:
cool, so it's basically a channel switch on the module, no mods needed to the amp?

thanks

Yes, that is correct. Whatever "channel" you select on the mod will stay selected when you switch to that mod.

I've seen that the duals are made with carbon resistors, wile the Randall are made with the blue kind. is there any difference in tone?

withmittens said:
I've seen that the duals are made with carbon resistors, wile the Randall are made with the blue kind. is there any difference in tone?

I would also like to know that from am engineering standpoint. Of course many tone wizards will talk about the mojo associated with carbon resistors, orange drop caps, pots with magic tapers that improve the tone, etc... but I seriously doubt about the validity of most (if not any) of those claims.

I am new to this forum, and having participated of many other forums and having owned many boutique amps and effects out there, I am glad to see that at least here I don't have to waste my time reading that amps that are not wired PTP sound like crap... that the trace used in circuit boards are to thin for currents to flow properly... All this reminds me o people saying that say the Boss CE3 chorus pedal is analog but sounds too digital.... whatever the hell that means....

Spencer4hire said:
If the switch is added for use int the Randall amps is it still footswitchable in the Egnater amps or does this get rid of that capability?

Yes it is still footswitchable in the Egnaters.

RM100s can also be modified to switch the duals. There is a conversion that Bruce has done on some of them that basically turns them into a MOD100 in terms of how all the modules function in them.

nitrous12 said:
Spencer4hire said:
If the switch is added for use int the Randall amps is it still footswitchable in the Egnater amps or does this get rid of that capability?

Yes it is still footswitchable in the Egnaters.

That is great news. I was afraid if had that switch installed I could no longer foot switch the channels in my Egnater Mod100 but I liked the idea of being able to have both channels available in my RM20,RM50and RM100.

Latest posts