• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PRICE DROP!! Fargen Dual British Classic w/matching 1X12

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbaug14

Reaction score
I hate to do this, but I just have way too many amps and some things need to go. This amp is a custom one of a kind build from Ben Fargen of Fargen Amplification out in California. It's a hand wired PTP 25W head with 2 completely independent footswitchable channels (amp comes with the footswitch) and a matching 1X12 cabinet. Channel 1 of the amp was originally set up as Ben's Fargen Retro Classic with the 3 position decade switch (Bassman, JTM45, Superbass), but it didn't work well without a tube rectifier, so I had Ben change it to be his 60s (JTM45) and 70s (Superlead) settings on the first two positions and a custom Hot Rodded High Gain Plexi on the third setting (Ben's comment on this setting was, "it takes the best of a Plexi but with higher gain staging... the ultimate modded Plexi really"). It absolutely rips. Channel 2 is Ben's Olde 800 60s, 70s, 80s (JTM45, Superlead, Hot Rodded JCM800). Master volumes on both channels work fantastic and allow you to dial whatever you want in on each channel from bedroom to stage. This is the loudest 25W I've ever heard and keeps up with my 50W amps with ease (I actually use it with a Rockcrusher to get power tube distortion at lower volumes). Tube buffered effects loop with level control and on/off switch. External bias. 4/8/16 ohm jacks. Mercury Magnetics Tranny. DC filaments for dead quite operation. Zero noise when switching channels. I am the original owner (smoke free home). Pictures show with the back off, but I have the back as well. Speaker cab has a WGS Green Beret and sounds massive. The head alone sells for $4500. Both the head and the cab come with custom padded covers (Studio Slips and Lecover). New tubes throughout. Contact me with questions and interest. Most people's complaint about the Olde 800 is not being able to footswitch the decades, but with this amp it's no problem. This amp and cab are in absolute pristine mint condition. No signs of wear. It's a studio queen. Also, if you wanted to change anything about the amp (make Channel 1 the Fargen Blackbird for instance), Ben is very approachable and will do almost any mod for a small fee. He's great to work with and his customer service is top notch. Search the web for demos of the Olde 800 or Dual British Classic to get an idea of just what this amp is capable of. I have this amp listed locally as well, so if it sells there first, this listing will be removed. I've don tons of deals on Rig-Talk, Gear Page, eBay, etc. so buy with confidence. $3000 shipped and paypal'd gift (OBO). Use Reverb listing link for additional photos. Thanks for looking and keep rocking!!!

DETAILS

FARGEN DUAL BRITISH CLASSIC
- 2 Fully Independent Footswitchable Channels
- Channel 1 - 60s, 70s, High Gain Plexi
- Channel 2 - 60s, 70s 80s
- Tube Buffered FX Loop with Level Control and On/Off Switch
- 4/8/16 Ohm Jacks
- 2 x EL34 Power Tubes
- 6 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Custom Vintage Style Mustard Caps
- Custom Vintage Style Carbon Comp Resistors
- Use El34/KT66/KT77/6L6/5881/6V6 with re bias
- DC Filaments for ultra quite operation
- 1/8" aircraft grade aluminum chassis for the true vintage British tone and feel
- Custom Curly Maple Facia on head and cab
- 1X12 oversized cab with WGS Green Beret
- Studio Slips padded Head cover
- Lecover padded cab cover

2qaiano.jpg

4hw2ls.jpg

2mwbekp.jpg

30kpndc.jpg

Additional Photos - https://reverb.com/item/141187-fargen-dual-british-classic-2013-nubby-cream-maple