Modules that clean up nicely

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm interested in modules that clean up nicely, not dedicated cleans, but overdriven mods that can do nice cleans. I've heard this about the Salvation Shiver and Stonerverb, but what else?

Cali-Lead can get cleaner than the video I posted. You just have to compensate by adding more volume. Also the speaker I recorded with was a 25w blackback so it's possible it was distorting a little.

I would suggest the Salvation Mods - MarkUs
It can be mean as hell, but has this beautiful dream theatre clean tone as well.. (think the opening of pull me under)

I have really enjoyed the mostly clean from my SG XTC le and the optional clean channel on the Salvation Buddy.

all of my mods clean up nicely. I may have to max the master on them but when set right, they all produce excellent cleans, if not just about to break up sounds.

C-Watt being the most clean, then the Super Vox, then R50, then Stoner AD, in that order. My Les Paul seems to want to dirty up everything with the BB pros. Can't stand them. My SG with 57 classic and a T-top stays nice and clean and the strat is always clean

The C-Watt starts to beak up in DR mode with gain just below half, R50 Gain at 1/4, Super Vox Gain at just over 1/2 in AC30 mode, Stoner Gain at 1/4 to 1/3, it also has the Natural channel which is totally clean except when driven by a pedal, warm and clean.

All of these settings produce nice punchy cleans. i can even get the C-Watt to sound Fenderish with 6L6's in there