New Rig Setup = Fun

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
So I loaded up an RM4 with a Twinface, Graphic OR, Camerock, and MambaSE and paired it up with my usual ISP GRack Decimator, a Carvin TS100 power amp (6L6 and EL34) and a Line 6 M13 using the 4CM....

The Carvin TS100 power amp is often looked over in MTS land but I can attest that it is a very honest and sweet sounding power amp...I never used a Line 6 M13 before but it is easy and effective and the 4CM works great with it...I'm not blown away by the FX but I don't use much of anything so it is just fine with me- certainly good enough to gig with although I would probably not record with it unless I had to...

I'm still refining it but I'll shoot some vid shortly...

FIGSTER, I AGREE ON THE TS100. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS NOW WITH MY RM4 AND IT IS TOTALLY WARM. IT ALSO HAS A REASONABLE PRICE.

Yeah, I'm impressed with this pairing quite a lot....The TS100 works well for everything but is quite warm (as you said Rickster) with the RM4....

And I stand corrected on the M13...After tweaking these fx are as good as anything I'll ever need for live or recording....Nice screamer setting, good EQ, Delay, and Reverb....It's actually quite a perfect little setup for what I wanted...Something I can set up quickly and sounds full....Now if I can just find Hercules to carry it to gigs I'm set!

I find the Digitech GSP1101 effects work real well with the Ts100 and RM4. An added plus is the midi thing that allows me to change effects and preamps.

nice fig.
I used that setup years ago with my RM4. be sure to play with the tube drive and fuzz face models as they can be tweaked to sound useful.
really loved the ambient pad sounds you could create with an M13 when stacking delays and reverbs.
Still use an M5 on my pedalboard for misc. effects like whammy, octavia, and some of the more extreme reverbs.

Mikal69 said:
nice fig.
I used that setup years ago with my RM4. be sure to play with the tube drive and fuzz face models as they can be tweaked to sound useful.
really loved the ambient pad sounds you could create with an M13 when stacking delays and reverbs.
Still use an M5 on my pedalboard for misc. effects like whammy, octavia, and some of the more extreme reverbs.

Thanks....Yeah, this is my favorite integrated fx unit so far...I still have the Boss GT-10 and use it without the 4CM as it is just too sensitive to be useful....The also have GCX and GCP and the Line 6 is the best of both....Very good FX, very routable (if you pay attention to detail in cable and signal path), and easy switching....I did not expect to like it this much at all...I always kinda shrug when I hear Line 6....This is a total keeper....Spooge and all....Long story....

I run a vox tonelab LE for all effects & especially for the stomp box models (awesome OD's/TS's), and it does all my channel switching as well. I haven't compared to line 6, and only ever tried real stomp boxes (the vox's models are as good or better, IMO) and an intellifex. I love it, and it was cheap to boot ($150). These seem overlooked around here for some reason...?