Questions regarding RS125CX & R412CXM cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerockstar

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if this topic has been dealt with already. I did a search and read what I found, but figured I'd post anyways.

Basically, here's the deal... i live in Canada, and far from a big city where I can go and try a bunch of cabs out to see what I like. The music stores here (in Prince George, BC) barely even carry cabs most of the time, and charge me a fortune to order one in. None of them even sell Randall stuff. Finding used stuff is also near impossible. Except for eBay, I guess.

Anyways, my options in a place like this are pretty much lamusic.ca, and axemusic.com

For what I'm looking for, I've narrowed what's available (and in my price range) down to two Randall cabs, the RS125CX and the R412CXM, and the Hughes & Kettner SC412. I'm just looking for people out there who have played these cabs and can tell me what their opinion is of them, especially as it applies to what I'm looking for.

Basically, my setup will be a Line6 PodXT Live (which I'm ordering soon), with a Crate Powerblock head (probably temporary, though I've heard these things are MADE for multi-effect/modeling stuff). I play two ESP guitars - an EC-1000 and a MHB-400 baritone (both use active EMG's) - and an Epiphone SG. I play a lot of rock, hard rock, punk, and metal. My baritone is used for what it's supposed to be used for... heaviness :) But I also play a lot of clean stuff, as well, and so that's why I don't necessary jump on the RS125CX 'cause I'm not sure how clean and highs would sound through it.

Ultimately I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck, because I'm a poor university student, spending money i don't really have anyways... but looking for something that can lay out huge beefy riffs but can do a decent job at some clean chording/licks. Obviously these cabs aren't going to be pro stuff, but as long as it does a competent job for me (in practice and on stage, as I gig with a local heavy/hard rock band), I'm happy.

Wow that's long. Sorry. If you read all that, I really appreciate it. Any input would be awesome, thanks!!!

Hi there... I'm a rookie here too.
I have RS 125CX at the moment but with no amp.... :) I am waiting for my Peavey XXL head and I hope so it will combine good... I am looking for thick groovy sound.... from killswitch engage to Soulfly.
Unfortunately I have very lo budget for my equipment so I was forced to buy solid state amp and not to expensive cab like RS125CX is.. but I hope it will give me what I am looking for it looks very strong built for heavy duty. :)
In two weeks when I got my XXL head we will talk about it.
Greetings from Bosnia

The CXM cab is actually discontinued. We may have 2-3 in the warehouse but those could be leaving at anytime. I would actually suggest the RS412XC cab. It's oversized like the Mesa Recto cabs, and it has the best bang for buck out of all the G3 series cabs. This cab has the same speakers as the CXM cab but dosen't have the metal grille. The 125CX may have a little too much low end for you, and since the XC is oversized it has a bigger bass responce w/ out being too much. It should go for $399 US. I hope this helps.

Rich

RD/Rich said:
The CXM cab is actually discontinued. We may have 2-3 in the warehouse but those could be leaving at anytime. I would actually suggest the RS412XC cab. It's oversized like the Mesa Recto cabs, and it has the best bang for buck out of all the G3 series cabs. This cab has the same speakers as the CXM cab but dosen't have the metal grille. The 125CX may have a little too much low end for you, and since the XC is oversized it has a bigger bass responce w/ out being too much. It should go for $399 US. I hope this helps.

Rich
But for my style, lo tuned (H) guitar Zack Wylde thick strings, Rotor Peavey Guitar with Peavy amp bite it should run well?

I also have this H&K Warp factor pedal with sub button wich should push 15" eminence to do its job. What do you think?

If you are looking for extreme low end go with the 125 if you are looking for a good solid low end then the XC would be what you are looking for.

Latest posts