JF High Gain Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Whats everyone's favorite JF high gain module? Ive been looking at the cali lead , which I owned under its former name, the classic Erect, THe Dzilla, numbnuts and the ubersonic,
I play a lot high gain, tight, very bass heavy metal so which out of these would you recommend?
-Matt Page-
Even thinking about the Grailtone as a crunch channel

JF Blackout for sure - it's my mainstay metal mod. It brings the heavy for sure. Rob says it's a modded Erect, with more gain and more mids. Got that great Mesa tone, mixed with a bit if Marshall grind, so it cuts through. I love mine & I just saw on FB that Rob just shipped another one out, so three in circulation at the moment...

Favorite is MarkX. But your description of "high gain, tight, very bass heavy metal" has the Erect written all over it..

I have played a lot of Rob's high gainers, but haven't played the numbnutz, Dzilla or Ubersonic.

That said, for what you describe I can't see how you can go wrong with the Ultra-Lead. Sounds like the Numbnutz might be in the same camp too.

The others to me have more of a walloping low end that won't track fast and tight for metal. But I guess you can argue lots of different forms of metal that might call for different voicings and feel.

Im curious though, your sig says you have the JF Snakebite, isn't that enough? Honestly, if you still have that, the Cali-Lead will contrast very well with it.
But the video i saw of the Ubersonic at the amp show was crushing!

Have You tried the Jaded Faith XMG+ !!!! I have a video of it on rigs&tones and Jaded Faith mods ,Its an amazing module,I tune to drop C in my band and this mod cuts through amazingly,also clear cutting brutal sounding Mod,check out my video !!!

"Had" a Snakebite in my last MTS Career... Absolutely loved the module but i think im gonna go with another "Ultra/Cali Lead" that was my mainstay for a long time last go thru...
-Matt Page-

So ive got an Sl-OD100 coming tomorrow and ill be buying an Ultra Lead as well... which should come this week... Now i need to send off this stock XTC and get rob's great XTC mod done on it so that i do have at least the option of having a clean channel :)
-mp-