DuoPlex, who's got one and what can you tell me about it?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
can anyone tell me about this mod? I'm wondering if it will do a cleanish open AC/DC type of sound and still have that natural organic sustain and booming bottom of a Plexi style sound yet not sound muffled......? Not looking for an AC/DC emulator, I just think thats a great base sound. Is it dynamic?

hope that makes sense. What's your take on this mod after playing it?

I have an RM50 with a couple of different 2 x 12 cabs. possibly in the future will be using RM4 with separate amp. What kind of amp are you referring to?

I like the Engl E850/100 for the 6L6, and VHT classic for the EL34 touch of flavour. Generally in the US from a quality for price ratio point of view the VHT / Fryette is a good option

unfortunately those are not possible for me. $

I am going to swap the OT in the Randall for something else and mod my Gibson amp for a loop and bias points to run the RM4 with a more vintage power section, then A/B switch them...grand plan, snyway

You can buy a SG MK22 now that Motor City Mods is open for business.
There is just something about that mod that makes it special.

I've had the duoplex and it is indeed a great plexi. If that is what you are after perhaps you should send Anthony an email and get a quote, or wait a minute - if you are in the US motorcity mods is the way to go I guess.

If you like the plexi and jcm800 get the SG mk22.

I'm not a Marshall expert though, so hopefully more guys will chime in on this

thanks, gonna have to send a donor. I think it's the next one. what I really need is an RM4. getting really hard to find