V2 dead clean channel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringhotshot

Reaction score
I just got a V2, everything's awesome except the clean channel's volume control doesn't work at all. The channel volume stays extremely low and is unaffected by the channel volume knob. I've swapped out all the tubes with no results.

Any guesses? :cry:

Sixstringhotshot said:
I just got a V2, everything's awesome except the clean channel's volume control doesn't work at all. The channel volume stays extremely low and is unaffected by the channel volume knob. I've swapped out all the tubes with no results.

Any guesses? :cry:
Ask Rich in technical support at Randall,he's very helpful and can more than likely point you the right direction. His e-mail is:
"Rich Shelby" <[email protected]>

Thanks, I emailed him. Unfortunately I'll have to ship it back to the store I got it from. **** it all. :x

There's an authorized repair center literally three blocks from my apartment, and I had no idea it even existed. Thanks for giving me Rich's information, dude, he set me up with that shop and it's being taken care of!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

the 12AT7 run unevenly by design in the amp, the cathode voltage isn't very high, which gives it the warmth and the sponginess of a tube amp, so, occasionally the 12at7's go bad in them.....that could/likely is what is causing it, it sounds like something in the preamp, IF the other channels are working.

on the input of that amp, the signal immediately hits an opamp (solidstate preamp stage) which fattens the signal up....it then goes into the TUBE preamp stage.....sounds like a PRE tube.

However, if you are that close to the repair facility and it is under warranty, go that route.

Jon

Sixstringhotshot said:
There's an authorized repair center literally three blocks from my apartment, and I had no idea it even existed. Thanks for giving me Rich's information, dude, he set me up with that shop and it's being taken care of!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Glad to be of help! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: