Torpedo Live Demo and Randall ISO cab HERE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Question,
You guys must see all the vids with all the crazy features. I didn't do that, I just give you tones. Motor City Mods is most interested not only as serving you guys as customers, but as an outlet to learn about different gear. I am assuming you guys are most interested in hearing out compared to a real speaker? I'm also using an ISO cab by Randall to show you how that works open and closed.... :)

That is what I am doing but requests will be considered....

Thanks,
Fig
Motor City Mods

Edited to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7BnstjwT0

Which Torpedo? I have been using the WOS plug with the line out of RM20 and more recently Weber Mass line out. I would be interested in hearing whatever Torpedo you have with the Brit Vint open and closed. I am thinking of getting a Live and using those cabs as 10 times out of 10 I end up using those in the plug. Thanks.

-Charlie

Good demo, pretty much the same impression I had over the weekend comparing mic'd tones with the WOS III plugin. I like the mic'd tones better!

Well, I liked both tones... but concering the original topic of th youtube vid:

I made IR of my own cab/mic setup, and they are indistinquisable....so it CAN be done... there is no inherent tonal advantage for either method..

Just a suggestion here - I use IR's exclusively at home due to having young kids (and, we dont know what basements are in AZ). I have tried the WOS, and find the Torpedo stuff to be inferior (to a fairly significant degree) to the RedWirez IR's in a simple convolution plug-in/VST (I use Poulin LeCab, which is free and allows for loading up to 6 cabs at once - I use 3 at a time for best results). So, I definitely recommend y'all try the RedWirez stuff - they seem to be much 'clearer', with better 'bite' and more realistic sound overall.

That being said, I still very much prefer the real thing!

Ive had issues using the redwires IR cabs / Pouline LeCab's on my mac, i dont know why, i don't really know how to use them properly. I'm going to give it another look today.

hmic10 said:
I liked the ISO cab
Did you try to make a IR of it

When it's open it's just a 1x12 mic'd and sounds great....Closed hmmmm....Kinda boxy...lol

I don't make IRs nor do I really use them much except for demos or quick jobs....

Just thought I'd show this stuff since it was requested....

Thanks for the demo, Matt!

I was really impressed with the Two Notes Torpedo Live box. While I didn't care for every speaker, there were certainly a few that I thought sounded great. I'd imagine that with all of the IR's available (including Neve and API preamps), it would be pretty easy to dial in great recorded tones.

The Randall Iso box failed to impress. I owned one and it sounded exactly the same: Shrill and boxy. The "boxy" sound builds considerably when double tracking, adding more layers, etc. and IMO, is unusable because the recording sounds "small".

The Two Notes, OTOH, wouldn't have that issue. I'm sure it would take some serious time to get it to sound exactly "right" but once that's done, it's done forever.

Thanks again! :D

Mike P said:
Thanks for the demo, Matt!

I was really impressed with the Two Notes Torpedo Live box. While I didn't care for every speaker, there were certainly a few that I thought sounded great. I'd imagine that with all of the IR's available (including Neve and API preamps), it would be pretty easy to dial in great recorded tones.

The Randall Iso box failed to impress. I owned one and it sounded exactly the same: Shrill and boxy. The "boxy" sound builds considerably when double tracking, adding more layers, etc. and IMO, is unusable because the recording sounds "small".

The Two Notes, OTOH, wouldn't have that issue. I'm sure it would take some serious time to get it to sound exactly "right" but once that's done, it's done forever.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks for watching and I agree on the Two Notes. I also hate to say it but the power amp sims are awesome too....Makes an RM4 sing...Hope you are well Mike!

Thanks for coming through! I missed this as I was waiting for it to appear in the other section..

I preferred the real cab as well . I just found the Torpedo rounded the edges a little and was fizzier. That said, I got some pretty solid tones out of the redwire impulses using a hotplate line out so usable tones can be had. I think I will just stick with tenting around my cab and cutting volume.

thanks!

Man...I've really been pleased with the Two Notes products. Live was my first purchase then I bought a CAB which is mostly used with an ADA MP-1. I live in a small house and would lose my Wife and kid if I didn't have these (or something like them). I've fiddled around with WOS and have enjoyed it, just haven't really done much tracking with it. Running one output of the MP-1 to the CAB and the other direct with WOS provides some awesome results. Tons of tone options.

Almost all guitars on THIS PAGE are tracked with them. One track has some clean, acoustic and sitar done with a JTV/POD HD500, other than that...all Two Notes stuff for guitars.