Bluesy Twinface Demo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/bluesy-twinface

No artificial boosts were used...All Twinface with Push and Mojo open! The guitars are a 1999 US Fender Strat and a Waterstone Semi-hollowbody with P90s....

Mr Figg, that sounds great, I appreciate you taking the time. Sounds nice and saggy and warm. One thing I'm confused about though, the Pushed mode is the Mesa circuit, no? so we're not really hearing the Twin with gain up or the Deluxe in the same way......? I think?

Do you prefer this mod or the Bassman for Brian Setzer sort of sounds. Really I'm hoping the Twin will go sloppy too, as this mod seems more versatile

Really nice demo

withmittens said:
Mr Figg, that sounds great, I appreciate you taking the time. Sounds nice and saggy and warm. One thing I'm confused about though, the Pushed mode is the Mesa circuit, no? so we're not really hearing the Twin with gain up or the Deluxe in the same way......? I think?

Do you prefer this mod or the Bassman for Brian Setzer sort of sounds. Really I'm hoping the Twin will go sloppy too, as this mod seems more versatile

Really nice demo

To be honest, I never knew that until now but I confirmed on the Salvation site that it is true....I always just thought it was a like a boosted Blackface, I don't really have any good Mesa cleans to compare...

Thanks for listening and happy to do it...

never understood why the mesa circuit was used rather than something that ups the gain in the actual circuit. maybe it's not possible, I don't know.

But I would rather have a twinface that just has deluxe and twin with boost of either, or that just used the gain as on the actual amp. I like the sound of a maxed deluxe and or twin. not so much the mesa, too smooth

withmittens said:
never understood why the mesa circuit was used rather than something that ups the gain in the actual circuit. maybe it's not possible, I don't know.

But I would rather have a twinface that just has deluxe and twin with boost of either, or that just used the gain as on the actual amp. I like the sound of a maxed deluxe and or twin. not so much the mesa, too smooth

There's a lot of gain on the Twin and Deluxe....I'll make a short video for you....

MotorCity Mods wants to make this easy and accessible for you guys...It's my pleasure to do it...

Mattfig said:
withmittens said:

There's a lot of gain on the Twin and Deluxe....I'll make a short video for you....

that would be great of you. thanks so much for taking all this time on this

Personally, I have never understood why you would get a twin and expect it to get an overdriven sound. My twins will make you go deaf before they over drive. I had a hard time finding a real twin sound here in MTSville. Rob finally got it. I have a tweed and VybeDeluxe plus a base modded deluxe that I can use to get an overdriven Fender sound. There really isn't an overdriven twin sound. When you crank them up they get warmer but they don't really distort like the smaller fenders do.

Mattfig said:
Here ya go withmittens. This is the dirtiest I could make her go without activating toggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmcmUVV_Q

Thanks for doing that Figg. That's the kind of setting I've been hoping to hear for a while now. Sounds bright and present, with a little more room for treble and gets that slight breakup, I think the Twin was the second one. The Deluxe, if that was the first one, sounds very much like a Stock Deluxe mod. I suppose the Mojo will add some fuller Eq possibilities. I think I also hear quite a bit more clarity than my stock deluxe

thanks again

withmittens said:
Mattfig said:
Here ya go withmittens. This is the dirtiest I could make her go without activating toggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmcmUVV_Q

Thanks for doing that Figg. That's the kind of setting I've been hoping to hear for a while now. Sounds bright and present, with a little more room for treble and gets that slight breakup, I think the Twin was the second one. The Deluxe, if that was the first one, sounds very much like a Stock Deluxe mod. I suppose the Mojo will add some fuller Eq possibilities. I think I also hear quite a bit more clarity than my stock deluxe

thanks again

You are most welcome....And the beauty of Twinface is that it will give you everything you dig from the stock plus more and much better tone...