Ubersonic users

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amesav

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to ask how you guys set your Ubersonic up ,example EDGE switch to left or right etc

Thanks
Alex

Gain 2oclock
Bass 2oclock
Mid. 7 o'clock
Treb 4 o'clock

Edge ON (to right )
Bottom in mid position

I tried with Gain full and it just has too much gain. Lol [/img]

Can one really have TOO MUCH gain? I used to always max my gain out but found that I get a better tone for my style with less gain. Now I try to use as little as I can get away with.

dsmetal14 said:
Can one really have TOO MUCH gain? I used to always max my gain out but found that I get a better tone for my style with less gain. Now I try to use as little as I can get away with.

You can absolutely have too much gain. After a certain saturation point it's completely diminishing returns. The signal will be so squared off and compressed that you lose dynamics. You will have all the gain in the world but a tiny, squashed feel with no life or variety.

dsmetal14 said:

I think if a lot of people would figure that out, they'd be on the road to much better tone.

I try to roughly dial in the tone at half volume, then I turn it up to where I'd be playing it with a drummer next to me. The gain is usually too high and the sound usually still needs a lot of tweaking. Then I turn the gain down to where it starts to loose the feel and harmonic content. Then I start turning it back up until I find the amount of harmonic content that I'm looking for. There is definitely a point where all you're adding is noise. This is when I start to think about whether this is the right module or not ;) Play it for about 1/2hr and I usually have a pretty good idea about that.

Exoticwood said:
Gain 2oclock
Bass 2oclock
Mid. 7 o'clock
Treb 4 o'clock

Edge ON (to right )
Bottom in mid position

I tried with Gain full and it just has too much gain. Lol [/img]

Mids @ 7 o'clock? what position do you run the shift switch in? I'm a mid scoop guy, but I find the mids very usable and unique on this module, and run them higher on this module than pretty much any other module I own. You must REALLY like a mid scooped sound :p

That's why I stick with MTS, something for everyone :)

Keep the Faith

H

Gain 1 O'Clock
Bass 9 O'Clock
Mids 9 O'Clock
Treble 1 O'Clock
Edge ON
Bottom=Middle
Shift=Down

I only use the Ubersonic for super high gain stuff.
But for me it's the best module in that category.
:twisted: