• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone selling a Shiver or GrailTone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I regret selling both mods and I'm looking to pick up one or the other if anyone has one for sale.

I am selling my Shiver.
It has the facelift mode and an added prebass tight switch.
I'm just about to post a bunch of modules and a couple RM100s.
The shiver only got used a few times in a smoke free studio.

I'm just getting away from the MTS game.

I'm thinking $375 obo.
I don't really know what the going price for these things is on here.

dukemarcel said:
I am selling my Shiver.
It has the facelift mode and an added prebass tight switch.
I'm just about to post a bunch of modules and a couple RM100s.
The shiver only got used a few times in a smoke free studio.

I'm just getting away from the MTS game.

I'm thinking $375 obo.
I don't really know what the going price for these things is on here.

Duke, just curious what amp is pulling you outta MTS? Best of luck!

Thanks,
Fig

After years with the MTS stuff, I just feel like the real versions of these amps just blow them away, mostly in mid clarity and just feel and raw power. Plus with only 2 tubes in each module plus the input buffer it can't match the liquid high gain tones as well, vs the 5 or 6 tubes in a 5150 or the like.
I have the Angel E, Benzin, and Dreadplate, and I've just never really been happy with those.
I mostly use the Mash ALL, Stonerverb (which I do Love), and Matchvox.

So I already have a hand built bad *** JCM800 clone, and I am looking to buy a PRS Archon, Orange Rockerverb, and Vox AC30.

dukemarcel said:
After years with the MTS stuff, I just feel like the real versions of these amps just blow them away, mostly in mid clarity and just feel and raw power. Plus with only 2 tubes in each module plus the input buffer it can't match the liquid high gain tones as well, vs the 5 or 6 tubes in a 5150 or the like.
I have the Angel E, Benzin, and Dreadplate, and I've just never really been happy with those.
I mostly use the Mash ALL, Stonerverb (which I do Love), and Matchvox.

So I already have a hand built bad *** JCM800 clone, and I am looking to buy a PRS Archon, Orange Rockerverb, and Vox AC30.

Best of luck on your tonal quest!

...and to add to what dukemarcel is saying Matt. I have a Triple Rec Clone that absolutely blows the Randall away... like a nuclear bomb blows it away (...for the same reasons just stated). The only reason I got into the Randall MTS scene was the effects loop on that amp was pissing me off. Then I get into the MTS stuff and find out the effects loop on my RM100 pissed me off too. While trying to figure out how to fix the effects loop on the RM (which I was in fact able to resolve), I also managed to fix the loop problems on the TR. I was just playing it this morning. It's awesome! That being said. The Triple Rec has 1 sound. I'm gonna stick with the MTS for a bit for that reason. I think it has a lot to offer.

Edit:...and to get back to the original topic here. I wonder if dukemarcel will regret selling his rig one day. ;)

I feel a bit like we are hijacking this thread, i just feel bad, we could start a new one on MTS vs real thing. But I want to make clear that I love my MTS stuff and it's versatility, but I keep trying to chase the dragon with the tone, and I just realized at this point I can actually get a few amps instead of continually dumping money into MTS. I think it's great and it's served me well for over 8 years now. I just need a change. Who knows Ill probably end up back, maybe get an RM4 and run it into the fx return of the Archon or Rockerverb. I honestly think the poweramps in these things are the biggest bottleneck.

+1 on the real deal being better than MTS. MTS sounds great though but the power and feel of the real deal (jcm800) and a few pedals just can't be beat. I don't think the difference is as drastic as other people but it is definitely there and has me turning on the real deal more than the mts.

Since selling the majority of my MTS collection and playing most things on my VHT pitbull these days, I use MTS as a fun way to experiment with different tones. When I'm having days where the VHT isn't pleasing me, and once in a while those days do indeed happen, I revert to MTS. When I want a certain tone, I use one mod and when I want another tone I use another. Ive been using the Cammered/ cammerock for my marshall tones, but some days, I lust want to use a real plexi, and both the shiver and GT and in the same tonal ballpark. But then I'll be playing MTS and realize why I bought my VHT as the feel is world's better than MTS could ever hope to be

Are you still interested in a shiver? I still have mine and I just started high with the pricing because I didn't know what they go for. Make me a reasonable offer. It's like new. I've only used it about 4 times since I got it from Anthony.

dukemarcel said:
Are you still interested in a shiver? I still have mine and I just started high with the pricing because I didn't know what they go for. Make me a reasonable offer. It's like new. I've only used it about 4 times since I got it from Anthony.

No, so sorry. I'm only really looking for a Grail Tone at this point.