Recording: SL2, Erect, COD dual channel modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orren

Reaction score
This isn't so much a "clip" as a complete song. I've finally finished a CDs worth of goodness for Ember After, my industrial/metal/goth/rock/insert-other-label-here group. And we did one cover song: Paranoid, by Black Sabbath. Our version. :)

The guitar solo is not me; its played by Ed DeGenaro.

However, I play all the rhythm guitars: All Egnater MOD50! And you can tell which module is which by the panning:
COD module: up the center
Erect module: left channel
SL2 module: right channel

(I also sing and play synth)

You can either stream the song from the myspace page I set up for Ember After: http://www.myspace.com/emberafter

Or here's a direct download link: http://www.emberafter.com/Paranoid.mp3 -- The myspace page has three more songs on it, all original. And another song, Hellblau, also features Ed DeGenaro on lead guitars. :)

Thanks for listening!

Orren

Cool stuff Orin - nice to hear your work as I enjoy that idiom, although it's been a while since I cranked up some Ministry. Actually, I think some of the Ramstien videos are the best I've ever seen. ?ber-dramatic and disturbing. There were some also some things that reminded me of KMDFM too in a way. Guitars sound good. I found myself wanting more bass guitar or bass synth in a few places in the mixes due to how the guitars were EQ'ed. (I am listening on a very full and flat studio monitoring system - for what it's worth).

John Czajkowski said:
Cool stuff Orin - nice to hear your work as I enjoy that idiom, although it's been a while since I cranked up some Ministry. Actually, I think some of the Ramstien videos are the best I've ever seen. ?ber-dramatic and disturbing. There were some also some things that reminded me of KMDFM too in a way. Guitars sound good. I found myself wanting more bass guitar or bass synth in a few places in the mixes due to how the guitars were EQ'ed. (I am listening on a very full and flat studio monitoring system - for what it's worth).

Thanks!

(I also answered you on HRI :) )

Orren

Great stuff Orren,Curious if you used the YJs in the MOD to record thoughs tunes.Great sound.......................