does the Supra sound anything like this clip?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRAJqdZcz5k

or perhaps this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJwBgrFIVk

very hard to tell with the current Supra demos

Thanks

Supra Bold sounds a little tighter to me but a good player could probably make that work and it certainly would be more cost effective... I do see the value of these modules in a recording environment if you are chasing diff tones alla Wagner.

I guess tight is not the word I would describe the actual amp with. The mods do seem to be tight in general. The Selma is the only one that is not at all tight. was hoping for a loose, vintage sound ala the real Supro sound. would you say it mimics the sound rather than actually sounding like it?

withmittens said:
I guess tight is not the word I would describe the actual amp with. The mods do seem to be tight in general. The Selma is the only one that is not at all tight. was hoping for a loose, vintage sound ala the real Supro sound. would you say it mimics the sound rather than actually sounding like it?

I would say that it sounds and feels like the original...The clips are simply clips and don't tell the whole story...As I mentioned I will make a new demo for the Supra to match what you are looking for - it can so nail the tones you want...Not in an approximate way either, dead on...The player and rig have much to do with the clips... :)

That's cool, Figg, no pressure. I was assuming Kapo had played it. I'm still going to buy one as I can't stop myself...I have no doubt I can get some cool business out of it

withmittens said:
That's cool, Figg, no pressure. I was assuming Kapo had played it. I'm still going to buy one as I can't stop myself...I have no doubt I can get some cool business out of it

Was commenting on the additional clip I buried...lol

Starting at 3:28 you can hear several minutes of noodling on the Supra Bold...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7MltQmKnU

I haven't played it..i was just mentioning that a lot of the "vintage" sounds come from amps that have their master volume wound up. It gets that big loose wooly sound which to be honest isn't my thing, but something you want/expect from these amps. I'd prob take the module over the real deal because I like tight and clear. I didn't hear that from the module either but doesn't mean that sound isn't in there somewhere. Will it be 100% dead on? I doubt it can be in feel. We all know that is a fallacy no matter what people say. Put them side by side, no comparison. A lot of people with good ears will tell you this. That said, when recording, how accurate do you really need to be? We really shouldn't expect a randall to be a vintage amp because it isn't. It's guts will not let it be anymore than it is. It is built for versatility and that means it won't get past that 95%. You just have to decide if "feel" is really that important to you. (and if you can afford the $$$ for the real amp in most cases)