Some Uber SG bragging/reviewing/promoting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
Just got to show off Scott's simply amazing work.. Mostly wanted to pay my respects and do some bragging as well.

I was fortunate enough, after a lot of persuasion and more than a year of waiting, to have Scott build me a very special dual channel ubershall module. I wanted the regular afterlife on the A channel but a more solo-oriented B channel, this was to become the new "breakneck".

These two channels complement each other perfectly, I'm so impressed with how Scott managed to balance them. For example, by changing the presence settings on the poweramp or EQing the module differently I can get the afterlife to become the breakneck and the other way around. But no matter what settings I choose, I've always got two delicately balanced rythm/solo-channels on tap. Even though Scott may be busy, I guarantee it is worth the wait, just amazing work and a great guy to deal with as well.

This is the UberSchwarz!! :twisted:
15033026947_3df8e6fbed_o.jpg

For your GAS only..

I don't know what Scott does for a real living, but if he isn't building amps he is in the wrong business!

Amazing!! Can you get some clips of that thing?? Scott just has the golden ear and his own unique style. The one channel version of this sets the standard- As far as falling below the radar-are you meaning here on this forum? He has my respect and ask those that have his mods what they think- he doesnt spend time on here self promoting or bragging...just does his thing and does it better than most.

JKD said:
It's beautiful! :twisted:

If looks could kill I'd be living a dangerous life right now, but it rips the life out of my other modules concerning heavier "metal" tones.. This is my very high gain go to module that is, but I'm also fond of it at lower gain settings, being my bogner module with a tad of an angry touch to it

blacksun said:
tschrama said:
Some detailed gut shots would be cool, you know.. to clone the cloners..

Right :wink:

Seriously, that wouldn't be right. Go get one, also the single channel ones are totally worth it

This whole module-thing and especially the modded-module-thing is based on copying amplifiers, yet suddenly it's not OK to copy the modules them selfs?

So it's fine to clone amplifiers into modules and sell them for a profit, but not to clone modules as a DIY? Seriously.. that so double standard..

tschrama said:
blacksun said:
tschrama said:
Some detailed gut shots would be cool, you know.. to clone the cloners..

Right :wink:

Seriously, that wouldn't be right. Go get one, also the single channel ones are totally worth it

This whole module-thing and especially the modded-module-thing is based on copying amplifiers, yet suddenly it's not OK to copy the modules them selfs?
Exactly. And friends, this is why we have goop; to keep DIYers from poking, prodding and reselling poked/prodded/reworked modules.

tschrama said:
So it's fine to clone amplifiers into modules and sell them for a profit, but not to clone modules as a DIY? Seriously.. that so double standard..
No, it's not a double standard. Someone took the time to figure out how to get the tone of an amp into a module. If it were easy everyone would be doing it. You'd be doing it, right? It isn't color by number. Feel free to do it yourself (i.e. DIY).

So ot's OK to copy a Bogner, a Marshall, a Mesa etc etc, ..any manufacurer that took the time, large investments, to figure out how to get a certain tone of an amp ...

But not to copy a cloner whos does just takes from these manufacturers info, make a profit of it, and covers his effeorts woth goop, frustrating any further modification...

it IS a double standard, .. yes I am doing it myself, and I spread modding info freely...

tschrama said:
So ot's OK to copy a Bogner, a Marshall, a Mesa etc etc, ..any manufacurer that took the time, large investments, to figure out how to get a certain tone of an amp ...

But not to copy a cloner whos does just takes from these manufacturers info, make a profit of it, and covers his effeorts woth goop, frustrating any further modification...

it IS a double standard, .. yes I am doing it myself, I and do spread my mods freely...

The modders are taking a concept of an amp and putting it into a module. They are not taking a schematic of an amp and making a direct copy of it. What you're asking for is a gut shot to make an EXACT COPY of what they figured out. It IS different. If you can't see that, we'll just agree to disagree.

Gooping is like having locks on doors. ...keeps honest people out.

Practically everything on this earth (and in this universe) is a copy of something else, or built on top of a copy of something else. It's like saying only one person can build a car because only one person can make a wheel.

Modding is not that difficult a thing to do (for some people), and that's the reason why this issue exists. People need to get over this nonsense.

Rock on and mod yourself; I have no issue with that. BUT if you're trying to tell me there is no difference between studying an amp and getting that tone into a module and copying a module resistor for resistor - we will have to agree to disagree. I agree; it's nonsense.

No, What I'm saying is.... What's the difference between copying an amp wire for wire, and copying a module wire for wire? Or more simply put... What's the difference between copying a wheel spoke for spoke? Find me a Modder that's never copied someone else's circuit "resistor for resistor", and I'll agree with you. Fact is, that human doesn't exist ;)

drewiv said:
tschrama said:

it IS a double standard, .. yes I am doing it myself, I and do spread my mods freely...

The modders are taking a concept of an amp and putting it into a module. They are not taking a schematic of an amp and making a direct copy of it. What you're asking for is a gut shot to make an EXACT COPY of what they figured out. It IS different. If you can't see that, we'll just agree to disagree.

Bullshot.. they ARE taking the schematic of a famous amp, and use it to base their commercial endevors on...

suphuckers said:
No, What I'm saying is.... What's the difference between copying an amp wire for wire, and copying a module wire for wire?
Nothing.

suphuckers said:
Or more simply put... What's the difference between copying a wheel spoke for spoke?
Nothing.

suphuckers said:
Find me a Modder that's never copied someone else's circuit "resistor for resistor", and I'll agree with you. Fact is, that human doesn't exist ;)
I can't answer this (even though it's not a question). That would be on that individual's soul. All I can say for myself is - it's not right. I, personally, see a difference between bringing a tone to the modular level and straight up copying a schematic wire for wire. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll give you that.

Myself, being in manufacturing, trying to be on the cutting edge to stay in business, having things stolen, copied and reproduced in China and sold at 20% the cost... this concept is close to my pocketbook.

tschrama said:
drewiv said:
tschrama said:

Bullshot.. they ARE taking the schematic of a famous amp, and use it to base their commercial endevors on...

Okay