Another 4cm question..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RHz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm reorganizing my rig and am in the need for some input and help. My rm4 preamp is beeing repaired, so I can't test the setup as i would like. My plan is to use my pod x3 pro with the 4cm, but I also intend to keep some of my pedals. I've got two routing options I'm considering.

First option is:
Guitar > pedals > pod x3 pro >loop send to rm4 > torpedo cab > pod x3 loop return

Option two is:
Guitar > pod x3 pro > loop send to pedals > rm4 > torpedo cab > pod x3 pro loop return

I will be playing thru either headphones or frfr speakers.

The pedals I'm using are: korg tuner > digitech whammy 4 > marshall jackhammer > morley power wah > roland frv-1

My question is regarding the converters in the pod x3 pro. Would the overdrive pedal give a good boost for the rm4 preamp if placed in front of the pod x3 pro (option one), or would i have to go with option two to get a good boost from the overdrive pedal?
I would like to have the pedals in front of the pod x3 pro as i plan on using some of the amp sims (solid state amps) from the pod and would like to be able to boost these aswell with the jackhammer.

Thanks i advance

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've tried searching this and other forums but i haven't found an answer..

No one got any ideas? Maybe someone got some similar experience with other 4cm mfx units? Digitech 1101 or Boss gt-pro maybe?

I think I like option one better because the pedals may prefer the impedance of the guitar over the send on the pod. Definitely try every option to see if there is any tone or feel difference. With all those processors running in series, I?d suggest something like an RJM mini effect gizmo for some midi controlled true bypass.

A switcher is a realy good idea, never thought about that.. probably going to go with that idea, it solves everyone and opens up some new posibilities. Fel kinda stupid not thinking about it myselfe.
Thank you very much! :)

Sorry about the spelling, I'm writing this om my phone and the auto-spelling is changing the words all the time..