RM4 : fill in the blanks....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Ok, looking at filling in an RM4, here what it looks like:

CH 1. KH1
CH 2. (Empty)
CH 3. (Empty)
CH 4. Salvation Mr Boga

Please help me fill in the 2nd and 3rd channels ;)

buriedorburned said:
Ok, looking at filling in an RM4, here what it looks like:

CH 1. KH1 (If this were my RM4 I'd put a TwinFace here instead tho)
CH 2. JF OD Special or There are literally 6 options here
CH 3. Salvado DLX
CH 4. Salvation Mr Boga
Please help me fill in the 2nd and 3rd channels ;)

How do you like that Boga? I love the clips, and I think I want one.

It hasn't arrived yet. I traded with with Wadd for my Pit Viper, which every bit as brutal as a Framus Cobra. But in the end, the Mr Boga was just too tempting, it looks straight up thrash tone heaven!
For Channels 2 & 3, I was thinking something Marshall based, leaning towards a Mash-oldano or Spawn. Then maybe a MarkUs or Benzin, since I'm a high gain player. It's rarely ever lower than mid-classic rock for me.

I'd go with either a Mash-All or 50R in that second slot. Both very versatile mods & sound great clean, mid & high gain. For the third, I too would say something Diezel-ish or Engle-ish - some other flavor of high gain. But, folks gush about the mark us, so I doubt you could go wrong with either. In that case I always defer to what I can get used in the classifieds & start there, just to save some $ and time... Btw - there is a Benzin, a couple Mash-All's & a 50R posted in there somewhere as we speak...

Yeah, the usual dilemma with MTS, so many choices! Haha
Maybe a Soldano type would be nice, as it can do all that low-mid gain blues, if I ever decide to go that way. That's why I was thinking the Mash-oldano might be a nice addition.
Everyone has banged on about the MarkUs so much, it has to be tried.

buriedorburned said:
Yeah, the usual dilemma with MTS, so many choices! Haha
Maybe a Soldano type would be nice, as it can do all that low-mid gain blues, if I ever decide to go that way. That's why I was thinking the Mash-oldano might be a nice addition.
Everyone has banged on about the MarkUs so much, it has to be tried.

I have a MarkUS. At 1st I hated it (Just ask Matt. I actually almost wanted to return it) After I had it a few days I figured it out, but I still just think it's OK. I think it's a bit too Mid-sucking. Don't get me wrong. It's a good Module (and I'm keeping mine) Point is, if I were to do it again, I'd probably go with something more like an AngelE. (Which is still on my list to get)

...and yes please be sure to come back and tell me/us how the Boga works out.

I'd seriously say to make the most well rounded...

CH 1. KH1
CH 2. Maggie
CH 3. Rockmod
CH 4. Salvation Mr Boga

I know we sell these but they are among the best I have played and would round that rig out tremendously...

CH 1. KH1
CH 2. JF 59RR Platinum
CH 3. SG XTC LE
CH 4. Salvation Mr Boga

This will give you good cleans (KH1), classic to hot rod Marshall (59RR), thrash rhythm (Boga), and fluid leads (XTC). Personally, my RM4 is a bit different, but this would be a well rounded configuration. If I was to load my RM4 for a metal/thrash gig, it'd be SG Fisch, JF Pitbull, JF Damageplan, SG Aferlife. Granted, this doesn't include a clean nor a lead tone, but that's the kind of shows I'd play. This would give me crunch/grind (Fisch), tight hot rod Marshall (Pitbull), dirty/gritty (Damageplan), and all out modern metal (Afterlife).

I've been listening to the SG XTC clips on MotorCity Mods and wow, that's one beautiful Bogner mod! Just has late 80's into early 90's written all over it!

That's the current leading contender for Ch.3
Now for Ch.2....and it doesnt have to be lower gain, or filling in any gaps, but it shouldn't be covering the same tones. So probably not another Marshall based mod.

buriedorburned said:
I've been listening to the SG XTC clips on MotorCity Mods and wow, that's one beautiful Bogner mod! Just has late 80's into early 90's written all over it!

That's the current leading contender for Ch.3
Now for Ch.2....and it doesnt have to be lower gain, or filling in any gaps, but it shouldn't be covering the same tones. So probably not another Marshall based mod.

Seriously great choice on the SGX....Awesome mod!

A SG SLO would be amazing, but you can't go wrong with any version out there. I've heard Salvation, Jaded Faith and Gigmods versions are all excellent.

That's cool, but I'd rather just an SLO, I don't need the Recto or 5150 influences. I have my super high gain in the Mr Boga, so I'm not looking for compressed tones.

I like the Recto and 5150 flavors. Would love to hear the Criminal in action. Just SLO, can't go wrong with a Salvado Deluxe