Rockmod Clip "The Trooper" ROCKMOD SALE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Here's our boy Bill again playing the Rockmod using a backing track of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper." All guitars are Rockmod...

https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/iron-maidens-the-trooper-guitars-by-bill-bieszczak-using-motorcity-mods-rockmod-module

Check motorcitymods.com for our sale on Rockmod!!!

A lot of people mistake me for running my mouth to cause trouble... I do it because I know things should be better. This is definitely better Matt. I had reservations until I heard the ISO track. It's just as good. Don't forget about finding out about those pups I'm very interested to know.

Good Job Sir!

suphuckers said:
Again with the Torpedo. Ughhh :)

2 kids...lol....They don't dig full stacks like I do and especially - one wife...I use that Torpedo setting as it sounds closest to my main rig miked...The main sounds superior and rattles the entire house, the Torpedo is silent...Winner....:)

suphuckers said:
yeah my kids are grown. I'm back to pissing off the neighbors lmao. I'm just saying, I'm (also) surprised at how much I like the tones I've heard (several times now) out of one of those torpedo's.

Great tones outta Torpedo for sure...But, if you have a good 412 and a reasonable mic you can do as well...When given the chance, I record at full volume...Those chances are fewer and fewer these days for me... 8)

Well I have an old Carvin 4x12 cab. The cab is good, but the Celestian's inside have a bit of that ice pick thing going on. I don't use it. I built my own 4x12 by way of .... 2 - 1x12 806 Cab's, and a 2x12 open back cab sitting on top. Wired together it's 8ohms 4x12 (...and easier to carry ;)). The 2x12 has V30's in it, and although I used to like them, I'm spoiled by the EVM12L's in the 806's. The V30's are "OK", but given the option, I just hook up the 2 EVM12L's in the 2 806 cab's and run them parallel. I also have an EVM15L in a closed cab. It sounds better with an open back, but I'm just too lazy to take it out and take off the back cover. I usually just mic one of the 12L's. That video I made last week was a mic'd 12L. But it was really early in the morning and I had the volume fairly low.

I doubt I'll go the emulator route, but I'm just surprised how well some of them sound.

suphuckers said:
Well I have an old Carvin 4x12 cab. The cab is good, but the Celestian's inside have a bit of that ice pick thing going on. I don't use it. I built my own 4x12 by way of .... 2 - 1x12 806 Cab's, and a 2x12 open back cab sitting on top. Wired together it's 8ohms 4x12 (...and easier to carry ;)). The 2x12 has V30's in it, and although I used to like them, I'm spoiled by the EVM12L's in the 806's. The V30's are "OK", but given the option, I just hook up the 2 EVM12L's in the 2 806 cab's and run them parallel. I also have an EVM15L in a closed cab. It sounds better with an open back, but I'm just too lazy to take it out and take off the back cover. I usually just mic one of the 12L's. That video I made last week was a mic'd 12L. But it was really early in the morning and I had the volume fairly low.

I doubt I'll go the emulator route, but I'm just surprised how well some of them sound.

The EVM12Ls are nice....I'd be SUPER curious to hear them with the EVM15L...

Well believe it or not (most people don't know this), but the 15L was designed as a guitar speaker (not a bass speaker). It has a lot of midrange, and was designed to produce a lot of midrange sound. The 12L's sound better in the closed back cab because it adds a little more low end, but the 15L sounds better when you just let it breath. I really need to take the back cover off. There's a bunch of gear sitting on top of it though. I played open back when I 1st built the cabinet, but then I finished the cab and closed it up. I noticed it immediately.

So the Rockmod sounds like a killer high gain module. To my ears, it sounds like it has a similar sound to a bogner Ecstasy. Does anyone else hear this? Are they similar in sound or feel? how do they compare?

Hmmm....I think I hear what you hear Ross and I will say that it does have a similar upper mid to it that the Bogner has, but the lower end is entirely different...This is a shred machine and tight as the wallets around here lately! :lol: And that's tight!!!

The feel of the Rockmod is very tight and articulate...The Ecstasy sounds more fluid to me....Does that make sense??

Based on the clips, I'd say the Rockmod is closer to a Hughes & Kettner than an Ecstasy.

It does sound really cool. :D

Mattfig said:
Mike P said:
Based on the clips, I'd say the Rockmod is closer to a Hughes & Kettner than an Ecstasy.

It does sound really cool. :D

Good call...I hear that comparison...

I've always been a huge H&K fan although they don't seem to have the kind of draw of Marshall, Engl, Diezel, Mesa/Boogie, Soldano or Bogner, which is why I suppose there isn't a H&K module out there.

But the Rockmod sounds like it will fill that void and it's definitely on my list. :D