JFM Custom RM50 Lynchbox RIG ***finally complete****updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
So after much delay getting the head and speaker cab custom made. This is Rob's first available fully modded MTS amp, one of a kind! This is the last of the green alligator tolex anywhere, Mojotone had the last bit.

2x12 cab with creamback H / V30 mix. Finger jointed quality birch.

image_zps67a743d6.jpg

image_zps5998a77f.jpg

image_zps281f3b61.jpg

image_zpsb0b4d5bc.jpg

Best MTS Rig I have ever HEARD!

Heres a quick phone clip:
http://youtu.be/0Mk2vVt1H5c

Boy that's pretty. It sure came out according to the plan. I sent you a selection of knobs for the input and you should have them tomorrow.

Wait until you see the custom combo I'm wrapping up for RWinking as we speak. This one is a STUNNER. :shock:

That's awesome, I'm sure it sounds amazing. I can't wait to get started on my next "project" with you Rob....it will definitely be one of a kind!

Thanks for the kind words!

It is the LAST green gator tolex around unfortunately,
I would have liked to have had a 1x12 made also.

Ive had a chance to turn the master up 3/4 of the way, and its purely magical at low and extremely high volumes. I feel like the stock rm50 started to kinda fall apart once It got up higher in volume. Im blown away at the difference all the mods make, and its cured alot of gas in the gear realm for sure. I have so many ways to tweak my modules to mix perfectly with all my cabs. (i like to play a few different celestion varieties) along with my dark terror practice amp for late night stuff. :D

Stylish! I am jealous. What are the odds of a clip? I've been wrestling with getting one of these since the announcement.

suphuckers said:
I'm not a huge fan (It's OK) of the Green Tolex, but that really does look nice Rob.

Good thing its not yours then huh?
I bet itll smoke your MTS rig. ;)
Im jusy messin with ya. But you wont ever see another rig like this. This tolex is sold out and out of production, at least for now.
In all seriousness, Ive always tried to be different since I was a kid.
I wanted to stay with the lynch theme as it is a lynch box. The green alligator is also 3d tolex, meaning its actually raised, and will hide bumps, scrapes better than normal tolex. Ive always been a fan of this and snakeskin.
I cant have a rig thats boring like many others.
Fwiw, Rob only did the amp chassis, these cabs were custom made by a cabinet builder. These are also Finger jointed cabs, not the crappy box jointing randall does in china shops.
Yeah, id love to do clips but, this amp is way more
Magical in the room, and we just had a baby boy, so time is not as readily available at this moment.

LunatiBSW said:
suphuckers said:
I'm not a huge fan (It's OK) of the Green Tolex, but that really does look nice Rob.

Good thing its not yours then huh?
I bet itll smoke your MTS rig. ;)
Im jusy messin with ya. But you wont ever see another rig like this. This tolex is sold out and out of production, at least for now.
In all seriousness, Ive always tried to be different since I was a kid.
I wanted to stay with the lynch theme as it is a lynch box. The green alligator is also 3d tolex, meaning its actually raised, and will hide bumps, scrapes better than normal tolex. Ive always been a fan of this and snakeskin.
I cant have a rig thats boring like many others.
Fwiw, Rob only did the amp chassis, these cabs were custom made by a cabinet builder. These are also Finger jointed cabs, not the crappy box jointing randall does in china shops.
Yeah, id love to do clips but, this amp is way more
Magical in the room, and we just had a baby boy, so time is not as readily available at this moment.

Well I bet I have a speaker or 2 over here that might scare the living **** outa those V30's lmao. The Mercury might make a little difference. Who knows if it would be enough ;)

My **** is all spray painted with Black cans. I don't really care for all that extra junk that doesn't help the sound ;) As for scratches... well.. I have plenty of more cans of paint :lol:

...and seriously this was just a joke ;)

Looks good though!!

Thanks!
There aint nothing wrong with that. Spray paint is totally an easy cover up.
Yeah I have some other higher powered cabs, the v30/creamback h just sounds better with my modules, which is why I put them in that cab.

I just had to give you a hard time from seeinng the other drawn out post with the palomino sale

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Im glad it turned out the way it was in my head. Sometimes thats not always the case