Price Check: Lynch Box 50W Head and 2x12 Cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
Looking for estimated values on these as I want to sell one. Links to pics are below:

Lynch Box RM50 Head: http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/scary_groove/media/Mobile%20Uploads/8C51337F-CEC8-457E-8FF9-92FD401B367E_zps5xtr0it0.jpg.html

Lynch Box RM50 212 Cab: http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/scary_groove/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7FFF2072-76C5-4870-93EE-1F662C98436F_zpse8fbqfqv.jpg.html

Lynch Box RM50 Stack: http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/scary_groove/media/Mobile%20Uploads/80A75C5D-473B-422E-8D05-14A7B854B699_zpsqty6lohm.jpg.html

I can tell you what I paid for a new RM50HLB and 4x12 way back when...LOL

If you figure one out, I may be interested in the 50W LB and 2x12..although potentially more interested in the 4x12....is it ported? Does it have the Lynch SuperVs or Celestions?

The 2x12 cab is sealed and has Super V's. The 4x12 LB cab is ported and has either Celestion Greenbacks or Lynchback prototypes. I paid a god price for these long ago as well. I just don't want to let them go for almost nothing. But I just don't have the space in my garage for them both. I am looking for ballpark figures or what you guys think they are worth. Thanks.

suphuckers said:
Wanna sell that head (empty)? How much you want?

I am not sure which one I want to sell. And I have no clue how much (just don't offer me $50 lol. I'm just trying to get a feel for what is a "fair" price. I know that is subjective, but opinions are what I am after. Thanks

Well I sent you a pm, but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that other one I was looking at. I'd say at a minimum the 50w is worth empty about $300-$400 and the 100w $400-$500 but that's a rough ballpark. ...and just my opinion. You could maybe get more if you hold out but if you want to sell quick that's my guess. I have no idea about the speaker cabs. There's a LB 4x12 on ebay for $499 I think and it says brand new.

The Black 4x12 on the bay is slanted, no port (unless it's front ported?) and has the Lynchback speakers (great speaker)...but very different beast than the rest ported 4x122 with SuperVs.

I never took a picture of my SuperVs, not sure what they look like

For a while (or by mistake) Randall was shipping 4x12LB with Greenbacks in 'em I think too.

The RM50 I just bought is mint, in the original box, no nicks or scratches, and includes the footswitch. It has a JF ODS and a JF Plexi/Tweed. The guy took $600 for it including the Modules. It was on ebay you might have seen it.

Edit: ...and if I cant get $300 (Or more) for those two Modules I'd be in serious shock. I just saw an ODS go for a pretty good price on here last week I think. Look for the ODS to be for sale, and maybe the Tweed too. I've never played one of those Tweed/Plexi Modules so I'm gonna test it out before I sell it. I already own an ODS though. So I figure I paid $300 for this head.

Some people might pay more for that green lynchbox than a regular RM50. I wouldn't but some people probably would.

I did not see it. Can you post a link? Non-modded modules I would put in the $100-125 range. Two modules would be $250. That puts your amp at roughly $350. That's right about what you stated before. For that price, I might look to move the LB100

Nice. The two modules you got were JF modules! Better than stockers. I have a Randall 2x12 cab with Celestion V-30s that would look great with that cab

The 2X12 Lynch Box cab is one rare bird. I am pretty sure if you take the back panel off you will find that it is not loaded with the Super Vs. The Randall catalog showed 2 versions one with the Super Vs and one that was loaded with the Celestion Greenbacks. They were the expensive Made in England Greenbacks that were about $200 a piece. They were only rated 20 watts each. When I pulled the back off mine I was totally pissed that it did not have the Super Vs in it. I called Randall and asked who was the idiot that thought it was a good idea make a cab with 40watt rating that was matched for a 50 watt head. Long story short I sold the Greenbacks and bought a pair of Super Vs from a 4X12 Lynchbox cab. BTW the Randall Super Vs are Black with Blue logos. I called Eminence and confirmed it with them. Very few of those cabinets made. I bought mine new for $650. I think used $350-400. I have the matching head also. I took of the stupid looking Lunchbox (pun intended) logos and they look so much better without them!
There is a long thread discussing these cabs.

Here is the thread on the LynchBox cabinets.
http://www.mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14996&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=