Tonehunter modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencer4hire

Reaction score
Do any of the Euro MTSers have any experience with these modules?
I think some of them sound really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCD7TukEq-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Rn5LjnJis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxiJGUn35o
Warning no metal mods listed above. They have an Ultra module but I think the stock one sounds better.
Here is their website.
http://www.tonehunter.de/index-en.php

I agree with the opinions so far. Not very interesting tonaly, but demos are well played.

I think they sound way better than the stock modules ever did. Too my ear they sound pretty darn close to the actual Fender amps. The JTM sounds so much better than my JTM that never gets any play because it sounds like total ***!

IT's also a camera mic don't forget.... but they also aren't knocking my sox off either. A bit fizzy.

I am curious about the speakers you guys are using to evaluate the youtube videos in question. Are you using audiophile speakers? I use Boston acoustic computer speakers , and thought the Tonehunter stuff sounded fine. :oops:

SDWR said:
I am curious about the speakers you guys are using to evaluate the youtube videos in question. Are you using audiophile speakers? I use Boston acoustic computer speakers , and thought the Tonehunter stuff sounded fine. :oops:

It sounds fine, just not great and I doubt if I upgraded my monitors to Boston Acoustics that my opinion would follow suit...Just my 2 cents...

They certainly don't suck, I hope I didn't (but perhaps I did), give that vibe.

And for our community it's cool to see another custom shop taking MTS seriously.

tschrama said:
No experience, but that blackface mod doesn't sound temping, not temping at all.

Correction.. Deluxe module...

anyways.. It's indeed cool that more people are developing mods for MTS modules. These vids deserve a better recoring.. I think the mic position make them sound boomy and i hear mic/recorder clipping time to time..making them sound harsh..

I agree that the soundclips could use some better recording gear. A camera mic can make the best module sound bad, but can good recording equipment make a bad module sound good? What I'm trying to say is that I find it quite hard to really tell if a module is something for me based on soundclips. I have been confused in the past by some of the clips of Salvation mods (no intend in bashing Salvation) - here's an example. The Whitesnake clip with the Camerock sounds really good to me, but the tone in the tour de Camerock doesn't really do it for me. So the question is: How do I decide if the Camerock is for me? The easy answer is, of course, just to buy one and find out :D

mr.air said:
I agree that the soundclips could use some better recording gear. A camera mic can make the best module sound bad, but can good recording equipment make a bad module sound good? What I'm trying to say is that I find it quite hard to really tell if a module is something for me based on soundclips. I have been confused in the past by some of the clips of Salvation mods (no intend in bashing Salvation) - here's an example. The Whitesnake clip with the Camerock sounds really good to me, but the tone in the tour de Camerock doesn't really do it for me. So the question is: How do I decide if the Camerock is for me? The easy answer is, of course, just to buy one and find out :D

Are you able to send me some DI tracks of you playing? I could run them through the Camerock and other mods and let you hear a recording of that instead...

My ears must be trashed. I didn't think those demos sounded bad at all... the way you all were talking I thought it was going to be horrible. Heck of a player too!

Mattfig said:
SDWR said:

It sounds fine, just not great and I doubt if I upgraded my monitors to Boston Acoustics that my opinion would follow suit...Just my 2 cents...

The Boston's are just good computer speakers - not even close to audiophile speakers. I was wondering what other members are using for playback.

Mattfig said:
mr.air said:

Are you able to send me some DI tracks of you playing? I could run them through the Camerock and other mods and let you hear a recording of that instead...

Unfortunately I don't own any recording equipment :(