So who's in MTS for the long haul?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
And what do you hope to see happen with the line? I've read all the ideas for different amps, what about mods? What about FX? What about tone???

If you are considering leaving: What is tempting you?

I, for one, am here long-term...Since I've gotten into MTS I've realized the difference in quality of tone and over time feel like I am very happy with my library of modules....It doesn't change nearly as often as it once did when I was "on the hunt."

In the future, I want to see it expand one way or another while keeping us old-timers happy too!

+1. What I'd really like to see is a module board with turret construction for
the signal path and B+ components. Not as far fetched as you may think.
Also, It would be great if the output tube plate voltage could be lowered (with the corresponding adjustment to bias voltage) to under 400 volts. That would really open up both choices in power tubes AND allow more power amp overdrive/interaction to overall tone.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere either. I still love the diversity of MTS and love that it's plug and play. No onscreen menus for me... besides that, it's just doesn't make any sense getting out. You'll just be giving your the stuff away.

I think the E2 is what I'm looking forward to most. I don't have any desire to pickup another MTS amp or any other one for that matter. I'm also hoping we see the modules directly from the amp makers (Soldano, Bogner, Friedman etc)

We've all got some real good deals due to the decline of MTS and I hope it hasn't spoiled us to the point where we don't wanna pay full price for the new line.

lintycreep said:
just doesn't make any sense getting out. You'll just be giving your stuff away.

^this.

I mean, I'm happy with the gear, but even if I become "bored with it", it doesn't make sense to get rid of it. Honestly, I've been playing my Henning Cherry Bomb, JF modded Jet City and Cameron modded 1987X almost exclusively lately, but I'm sure I'll be back to the modular stuff in a couple/few months - I always am.

I'm very happy with the tones and my collection of modules with the Egnater gear, but I don't see myself buying into the new line. Unless, of course, there is a Quad Module MOD50, but I'm sure that's a pipe dream.

I really like my group of modules as well, and don't see a reason to get out of MTS. I feel lucky to have been able to take advantage of the golden age of affordable MTS as I remember the pricing difference.

For me it was the modders and community that caught my attention and think my stuff sounds great. It's been a way to get very close approximations of amps I've wanted and didn't know I'd want.

Of course I'm very curious to see what Bruce has planned, and am crossing my fingers to see it!

I am here for the long run to. I fully agree with all Matt say. Let it evolve and be backwards compatible with the existing amps.

I am looking forward to the Synergy and the new modules made by the actual amp makers. I am not sure that I will purchase the synergy amp since I am happy with my M4's but the new modules will be very tempting.

It will also be interesting to see how the new modules compare to the modded modules of the same amps.

I see no reason to ditch. The set up I have sounds great.

I'd love a lighter lb powered 2 module head using the renegade concept for a versatile power section. But I guess that's not on the books at this time.

Of course I'm thrilled the new gear will be backwards compatible, and am personally lucky to have entered the mod world with the prices of the last few years.

the only thing I hope for is a small independent amp with a good loop for my RM4. 10 watts to 40 with blend of output tubes. I know it's a dream but that's it.

I might buy some more mods over time but for the most part I'm good and not going anywhere. It;s going to suck to take my amp in for servicing one day but hopefully it will be painless....

I'm fairly new to the MTS world but I've been saying that my RM100 is the last amp I'll buy. I came from using a POD into a tube power amp and 4x12 cab versatility is important to me. When I get some money together I'd like to get the head modded a bit. I don't have many mods so I'd like to acquire more but I'm not going anywhere that is for sure.

I'm very happy with my RM4 setup. Currently, I have a stock CLEAN for clean in slot 1, a Salvation C-WATT for crunch rhythms and clean leads in slot 2, a Jaded Faith OD Special for singing sustains and blues leads in slot 3, and a stock Ultra XL for heavy overdrive in slot 4. I'm really happy with the first 3 modules, still experimenting with heavy overdrive modules in slot 4. Any suggestions?

I'm happy as well with my RM4, I use it in the loop of my 5150III and lately I don't even use the head's pre and I stay only on the RM4.

I've tried some heavy mods (it's never ending, but fun) and they are all cool and depends on what your flavor of heavy is I guess. I've tried with the recto tones which a lot of people love here but it just doesn't feel right to play for me so I'm keeping away from that.
JF Uberschall and MarkX are quite nice as is the Salvation Angel, although I keep always coming back to the Cali-lead.

I've been out of the mts game for awhile now and want to get back in but it's really tough to do on a limited budget. For a long time I was running twin RM4's with killer mods from Salvation, Jaded Faith and Sacred Groove and I regret offing all of my gear. I see some tasty new mods out there now, but not many RM4's.

I just bought an RM100, after eyeing the line for a long time, and man, I'm excited to get into it.

I just bought mine in October off craigslist for 250$ for the rm100 combo and plexi and blackface module and know i kinda regret cause it only fueled the g.a.s with all the options i already bought 3 mods off here and 2 off eb ay and so far im loveing it

Dmario909 said:
I just bought mine in October off craigslist for 250$ for the rm100 combo and plexi and blackface module and know i kinda regret cause it only fueled the g.a.s with all the options i already bought 3 mods off here and 2 off eb ay and so far im loveing it

Good man! You cam in at the optimal buyer's time! Congrats!

I guess pretty good timing but not for my money lol and for the long haul ima be sticking to the mts but might get a few other amps if therecheap on craigslist like im eyeing a jsx for 400 or the jsx mini collosul for 150 which is actually is pretty cheap for that tiny 8" speaker combo. I was tempted by one of the custom jsx module but yea if i could get ahold a real one for a little more...

Me.

I hope to see much more modules... cheap, less options, far more similar to pedals and in the same price range..

Modules after album sounds, modules after classics amps, modules after modern amps.

I'm sure the modules can be manufactured more economically. I've been thinking about a platform in which the tubes are part of the amp, the module only carries the passive components.

A new modules should cost more that 75-100$

Having just gotten into the MTS stuff I can honestly say I'm impressed, the only scary thing is, if the amp manufacturers stop being able to service the amps (RM100 here), but the idea of modular amps is really incredible.