snakebite tones

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amesav

Reaction score
Hey guys with so many options on the Snakebite just wanted to see what settings you guys are using on yours thanks heaps

Lead switch engaged
Gain 3 oclock VENOM switch down
Bass 12oclock FREQUENCY 9oclock
Middle 10oclock BODY switch down
Treble 11oclock Fangs switch up
Volume 12oclock

I messed with the Snakebite for a couple hours last night. It sounds good but with so many settings so far I haven't got anything out of it I would be too excited to use for anything. It seems like a very very noisy module. Is that normal for this mod?

dsmetal14 said:
I messed with the Snakebite for a couple hours last night. It sounds good but with so many settings so far I haven't got anything out of it I would be too excited to use for anything. It seems like a very very noisy module. Is that normal for this mod?

No, it should be quite quiet for a high gain preamp. You might want to try different tubes in it.

Are you recommending the GE brand 12AX7A tubes or just 12AX7A tubes in general? I THINK thats whats in it but I'm not for sure I will have to check.

Well the A has to do with the way that it's made (You could try a WA also). So.. The A in general, but I also like the GE's. You can find some great deal's on them. This isn't really a true explanation of the way that tube is made, but you can think of the A as a humbucking tube. (Sort of) The short plates should be quieter also. So an 12AX7(W)A short grey smooth plate triple mica (not that you'll find that tube) is where it's at for quiet. I have a few modules that I put a JAN5751 in V2, which cuts the gain a bit, but the JAN5751 is similar to the 12AX7A tube in it's construction. So along with the lower gain it's also quieter in general. You just may have to turn your gain knob up a tiny bit higher to get the same amount of gain. However if you're like most people you already have that knob turned too far anyways. (Which isn't helping your noise situation). Consider turning the gain down a bit and looking for other ways to increase your sustain.

Edit: Sorry amesav, I didn't mean to jack your thread. If you want to talk to me about tubes dsmetal you can msg me.