My fave module today is....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Mandarine Graphic OR...It is my fave almost every day and today is no exception...I love the vintage tone that it gives and its vibe just jives with how I play...It's the perfect module for live shows as well as I am using hollow body guitars and single coil pickups...FWIW, we have three guitar players and the others play a Rockerverb and JCM800 respectively...It blends with our sound very well...

What's yours for today?

BTW, my Graphic OR has a three way drive switch on the bright making it very clean to quite mean..It's an awesome feature and also is on the ones we stock at MotorCitymods.com

I've become smitten with that Dual HBE module I bitched about paying too much for... It's just really fun for the noodling nonsense thing I do. I'd pay too much all over again. :lol:

right now the 50R for it's clean to edge of breakup beef and the way I can push it over the edge with a boost. I have an offer up to trade it for that Graphic because of the vintage matamp thing and i tend toward the more pushed clean tones. I may end up getting one of those graphics from you yet, Matt, as soon as I recover from the Supra purchase.

maybe i write back tomorrow to say the Supra is my new fave

The 50R sure is nice though...is it totally different than the Graphic?

Vybe Deluxe.
Since I got it I haven"t stayed off it.
I never really bonded with my Strat till this mod and as soon as I plugged it in all the classic Fender amp/Strat tones came flowing out.

JF Brahma. That is the module I have had the longest and also the one that all others are judged.

Ok, yes, I'd like to change my choice to the Supra. It is both clean and warm and has a mighty amount of hair. sharp attack. pushed with a pedal it's meaty.

If I can clean up my space I'll make a clip

withmittens said:
Ok, yes, I'd like to change my choice to the Supra. It is both clean and warm and has a mighty amount of hair. sharp attack. pushed with a pedal it's meaty.

If I can clean up my space I'll make a clip

Glad to hear you like her....She a beauty no doubt!!!

Still the JF MarkX. Just makes me happy every time I plug in.

I can't pick just one. Top 3 in no particular order are Friedman BE, Camerock, and SG XTC. For cleans the JF Voxless.

I'm switching my vote today to Masholdano. It's a temporary thing, I'm just feeling like heavy rock...That's where the Mandarine Graphic hands it off to another mod...Tonight is Masholdano at band practice...I am using the Soldano voicing and it just rips...I think it sounds full and mean yet cuts through a mix very well...

Mine has an extra voicing toggle on it for recto voicing but it's actually making the mod too mean for me when I use it...lol...

Plus, Mamba stares at it funny when recto is engaged and it makes me afraid there will be a fight in the rack after hours if I leave it on...

I am liking Rob's Wrecked module right now. With a LP or my vintage Ibanez Artist, it is like playing a saxophone. You play it softly and it is nice and warm. When I hit it with the pick harder, it starts to break up just right. Ir is a one trick pony for sure, but I like the trick it does. No Tijuana jokes please...

Love that one too, Jace. It has the right amount of clean and then gets that nice edge when you hit it.

I installed a solid core wood door in my studio and now I can turn up a lot louder without bothering the wife and kids.

At the louder volume the Dual JF Erect Channel A sounds really amazing. I played on just that for about two hours last night.

MarcoR said:
I installed a solid core wood door in my studio and now I can turn up a lot louder without bothering the wife and kids.

Awesome!

I'd recommend hanging a 48x24x2" 705 ECO panel from Acoustimac on the door itself. It will help with reflections and reduce the leakage a bit.

Is the rest of your room treated? If not, hanging 705's will help further, plus provide a truer image when mixing. :D

Mike P said:
MarcoR said:

Awesome!

I'd recommend hanging a 48x24x2" 705 ECO panel from Acoustimac on the door itself. It will help with reflections and reduce the leakage a bit.

Is the rest of your room treated? If not, hanging 705's will help further, plus provide a truer image when mixing. :D

Absolutely! I have boxes of 4" and 2" OC 703 to finish the treatment but I wanted to wait until the door was completed before running the REW test and determining how and where to treat.

Here is a shot of the completed super chunks on the back wall:
14299420900_dbc1b78cd7_c.jpg