Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very good effort. A tight drum track does really help to make it sound much more professional. Try EZdrummer?

Noise:
Tube noise is inverse related to transductance. That's why 12ax7 has lower noise than 5751. Might seems the other way around, but that's just because you'll have more gain with the 12ax7.

Dial in comparable gain, and the high transductance 12ax7 has less noise.

Who cares how it's recorded...that's got a feel to it...turn that in to something. Everybody is worried about tone and making everything perfect....whatever perfect is....just make some good music. U have a good start there.

I liked the vibe of the song and the guitar tones sounded very nice. :D
I bet you can find some midi drum packages that will fit fine. I used to consider myself to be very good at programming drums but these days I don?t have the time and I?d rather play my guitar. I use Addictive Drums 2 and Easy Drummer 2 and just piece together drums from the midi libraries. Superior Drummer is a great program; a lot of actual drummers that play electric kits or use triggers swear by it.

I would say just less volume on the hat. I like the real drums though! I am tired of over processed music. This kind of stuff is refreshing.

suphuckers said:
Suphuckers?

Still just screwing around, but getting closer and closer each time to a real try at it... Still don't have enough gear and still don't know how to use it.

https://soundcloud.com/meat-7/2a-1

Sounds pretty **** good to me. I wish I had invested a bit more time/$ on recording stuff, I have no idea wtf I'm doing in that realm. I'm lucky I'm able to hit record on my iPhone or Tascam. :( I say, overall, well done.

suphuckers said:
I bet you have an amp just sitting there, that you could sell to finance an entire recording rig heh ;)

Thanks for all the information and, yes, I probably do have an amp just sitting here that I could sell to finance an entire recording rig. :? The biggest problem is I'm not sure I could figure it all out and I'd just have something else sitting here and then I'd just have something sitting here that I can't use. :lol: I've been thinking about some sort of recording rig for the past 2-3 years, but it scares the bejeebers out of me.