• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: JF Mark X (Brand New) *NEVERMIND*

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
My wife informs me that we're over drawn with with no more income until January 1st. :oops: It seems the holiday spirit got the best of us.
It seems only responsible that try to sell my BRAND NEW JF Mark X.
I just got it today. A brand new donor was used to build it.
It costs $330 with a new donor plug shipping.
How about $299 shipped CONUS with PayPal gift?

*I'VE DECIDED I'D RATHER BE POOR WITH IT, THEN HAVE $300 AND LIVE WITH OUT IT. IT'S JUST THAT GOOD. THANKS ANYWAYS GUYS AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!*

*I'VE DECIDED I'D RATHER BE POOR WITH IT, THEN HAVE $300 AND LIVE WITH OUT IT. IT'S JUST THAT GOOD. THANKS ANYWAYS GUYS AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!* :twisted:

audiomidijace said:
*I'VE DECIDED I'D RATHER BE POOR WITH IT, THEN HAVE $300 AND LIVE WITH OUT IT. IT'S JUST THAT GOOD. THANKS ANYWAYS GUYS AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!* :twisted:

Happy Holidays!

This decision saved me from being $300 poorer ;-)

It's funny, I played Mesa amps for so long that after a while I just wanted a different sound. I've become more of a Marshall guy in the last 7 years. When I played Mesa amps, I always used 6L6 tubes. When I got this Mark X the other day, the first thing I did was assign it to the 6L6 side of my RT2/50 amp. I played it with a few guitars and dialed it in and it sounded pretty good.
This morning I knew I was going to be saying goodbye to the Mark X soon so I thought I'd play it for a while. As I was messing around with it it tried it with my EL34s. WOW what a difference! To me it sounds 10x better with the EL34s. I was actually doing most of my playing with some low gain settings on the Crunch channel. Then I slowly starting boosting the gain. There's just not a bad tone to be had on this thing. Once you get past 3 O'Clock on the Extreme channel it get's a little too compressed for me. But the real amps do that too and there's a time and a place for that sound as well. But this is by FAR the "tightest" sounding module that I have. I loaded in all of my high gain modules and just started switching between them. They all sound great and they all sound different. I continue to be baffled with how different my DUAL MK22 sounds compared to my standard MK22. Each just has their own Magic. Then my JF Ubersonic is just MASSIVE sounding. Even with the Bass and Mid knobs set to 9 O'Clock, this thing just sounds so much BIGGER than all of the other modules. I can't wait to start doing some recording with the Mark X. I'll post some links when I do.
2014 has been a pretty tough year for me. I hope it hasn't been for you and either way I hope we all have a better 2015!
Also, I don't have the money this year, but please donate to the forum and help keep it going. I've been here for about 8 years now and this is still a really important place for me. I hope you feel the same way. :)