MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other GAS?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Other GAS? Reply with quote

Anyone had any other good gear scores lately outside of MTS?

My Evil Robot still gets a ton of play here...That's really the only other amp I tend to keep on hand...I have others but they're just in storage...

I still GAS for a Kemper pretty badly for convenience...Especially when the gig has stairs...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Yup! Reply with quote

Yup! I just put down the $100 deposit on this:
http://www.fryette.com/power-station-integrated-reactance-amplifier/
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest acquisitions are a Lexicon PCM 80 with the Dual FX and Pitch FX cards and I have replaced all my Eventide Factor pedals with an Eclipse.

I?ve been working on how I intend to route my new rack configuration.

I made a mess of my pedalboard...

Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa...You guys are giving me more GAS....Nice setup Marco!! Johnny has a PCM80 that he loves and sounds awesome...

And sweet power amp guitarzan, that one is a brilliant idea...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
tschrama
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Lately I have been experimenting a lot with speakers. I got me some vintage G12-80 with 444 cones. Sweet sounding but couldn't handle any bass. Then just yesterday I received two 5 year old greenback's and a G12-80 with 1105 cone. I am especially impressed with the greenback's. They are not at all only suitable for vintage sounds, they work great for heavy tones as well. Also been trying out some CL80, but they don't seem to be broken in yet and sound too much like G12T75's.

Also got me a obscure Hafler T3 tube preamp. Nothing special, ready to act as a mod platform.

Today I received my second RM100 of evilbay and a RM4 should arrive any day now... Cool

Good deals with: C2ply, BenMesaBoog, YouguitarHero, nitrous12, kylendm.
Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently grabbed a GSP1101, which is great btw. Still trying to decide how I want to mount it in my RM100 - front facing or rear facing tucked into the back of the head...

I also recently came to the happy realization that I have all the parts lying around to build another tele, just need a body! Pickguard, pup's, controls, CBS strat neck, etc... So now I can have another guitar for like $200!

Also got me a TC Electronic Nova Drive for Xmas - fully analog dual OD & distortion pedal, but fully midi programmable! It's awesome & makes my rig 5 times more versatile!

Been gassing over a picking up a good boutique fuzz pedal too - prolly a Basic Audio Gnarly or Scarab...

It never ends, lol...

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom
lintycreep
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Fryette Power Station coming my way also. I'm pretty stoked about pairing that with my M4. I really haven't been happy with my RM50 compared to using the M4 in the loop of my other amp.
For some reason I'm obsessing over the Soldano Hot Rod 25, thank god it's over $2k. That should keep my GAS under control. Now the Mark V:25... Laughing
Lastly, I'm looking to check out the PRS SE Zach Meyers, I've read good reviews on it, but have yet to play it myself.
Only a couple more weeks to NAMM... looking forward to what Bruce has to offer MTS.
j4q0
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the JF Ultra Lead is the best I've tried (nice tight bottom, dynamics and harmonics) I can make it do a Mesa Mark tone, a classic mid gain or modern high gain Marshall and even an Orange crunch/high gain... I still GAS over several mods.

Also on my quest to keep everything in a rack just like Marco, I was looking into changing my Mesa 50/50 and the 5153 for a VHT 2/50/2 which I found at a good price around here, and now that Power Station has got my attention.
How does that work as a boost of the output, is it like a power amp?

EDIT: I just read the Power Station specs page which I didn't see before, it's a 2x6L6 50w amp. Nice.
trimix
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest pedal score was the Nova Drive, 18 overdrive/distortion presets that switch smoothly with the RM4 presets. Scratched a long time itch adding that to the rig.
Latest cabinet addition was a custom pine Bluesbreaker style from TRM. I had him make it with swappable 2x10 and 1x12 baffles, then finished it myself and added Vox grills to both baffles.

MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed a smaller pedalboard and was about to order another Trailer Trash and decided I should look at some other options being they didn't make a board in the dimensions I needed.

I just ordered this:

Got the soft case and all the options.

http://templeboards.com/collections/trio/products/trio-21
Oregon
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Matt. Would dig a Kemper!
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a GSP1101, but I don't expect much out of it. I got it at a great price, and I had some gift cards from Christmas. My effects pedals are effing awesome, but they aren't midi. I can get perfect sounds out of them, but to recall a preset... I have to get out the pencil and paper LoO. The gear I'm really Gassing over is way out of my price range. Unfortunately I have incredibly expensive taste.

59' Sears Wish Book Cowboy Guitar w/ Christmas Box, AXL Acoustic Guitar Pickup w/ E-pin Jack, Marshall MS-2 1/2 Stack Classic. ohhh, and some modules.
Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suphuckers wrote:
I just bought a GSP1101, but I don't expect much out of it. I got it at a great price, and I had some gift cards from Christmas. My effects pedals are effing awesome, but they aren't midi. I can get perfect sounds out of them, but to recall a preset... I have to get out the pencil and paper LoO. The gear I'm really Gassing over is way out of my price range. Unfortunately I have incredibly expensive taste.

I too just recently got a GSP1101. It's awesome really, so I doubt you'll be too disappointed. Personally, I think it's front of amp FX aren't all that good, and prefer my nova drive & tonelab for all front of amp FX. So, I just run the GSP in my series loop. Once dialed in, it's completely transparent & takes the RM's high FX levels just fine as well - no attenuation needed & no clipping - and I run all my module volumes at 3-5 o'clock. Plus, the unit clips out when ran using the 4CM. So, I just don't, lol.

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corium_AZ wrote:

I too just recently got a GSP1101. It's awesome really, so I doubt you'll be too disappointed. Personally, I think it's front of amp FX aren't all that good, and prefer my nova drive & tonelab for all front of amp FX. So, I just run the GSP in my series loop. Once dialed in, it's completely transparent & takes the RM's high FX levels just fine as well - no attenuation needed & no clipping - and I run all my module volumes at 3-5 o'clock. Plus, the unit clips out when ran using the 4CM. So, I just don't, lol.

Yeh, I was expecting you to chime in on that comment. I'm probably going to use the 1101 a completely different way than you, but I do expect it to be fun to play with. I wouldn't have bought it if I thought it was junk. I'm pretty sure it isn't going to come even close to the $1300+ worth of pedals I want to buy tho. Hopefully it'll stall me off from that purchase for a minute or two. Wish me luck Wink

59' Sears Wish Book Cowboy Guitar w/ Christmas Box, AXL Acoustic Guitar Pickup w/ E-pin Jack, Marshall MS-2 1/2 Stack Classic. ohhh, and some modules.
webrthomson
Donating Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I want, not need, want Smile

Diezel Hagen, to go with my Herbert - everyone needs at least two Diezel amps!

Dan Gower Killer Kalli++, got the Marshall Superbass all ready to go!

I'm also GASing for the new Cantrell Freidman amp and the Ampete 444 switching system too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: