Other GAS?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Anyone had any other good gear scores lately outside of MTS?

My Evil Robot still gets a ton of play here...That's really the only other amp I tend to keep on hand...I have others but they're just in storage...

I still GAS for a Kemper pretty badly for convenience...Especially when the gig has stairs...

Yup! I just put down the $100 deposit on this:
http://www.fryette.com/power-station-integrated-reactance-amplifier/

My latest acquisitions are a Lexicon PCM 80 with the Dual FX and Pitch FX cards and I have replaced all my Eventide Factor pedals with an Eclipse.

I?ve been working on how I intend to route my new rack configuration.
15602697614_f14e13c4b1_c.jpg

I made a mess of my pedalboard...
16100020995_71f8460353_c.jpg

Hi all,

Lately I have been experimenting a lot with speakers. I got me some vintage G12-80 with 444 cones. Sweet sounding but couldn't handle any bass. Then just yesterday I received two 5 year old greenback's and a G12-80 with 1105 cone. I am especially impressed with the greenback's. They are not at all only suitable for vintage sounds, they work great for heavy tones as well. Also been trying out some CL80, but they don't seem to be broken in yet and sound too much like G12T75's.

Also got me a obscure Hafler T3 tube preamp. Nothing special, ready to act as a mod platform.

Today I received my second RM100 of evilbay and a RM4 should arrive any day now... 8)

I just recently grabbed a GSP1101, which is great btw. Still trying to decide how I want to mount it in my RM100 - front facing or rear facing tucked into the back of the head...

I also recently came to the happy realization that I have all the parts lying around to build another tele, just need a body! Pickguard, pup's, controls, CBS strat neck, etc... So now I can have another guitar for like $200!

Also got me a TC Electronic Nova Drive for Xmas - fully analog dual OD & distortion pedal, but fully midi programmable! It's awesome & makes my rig 5 times more versatile!

Been gassing over a picking up a good boutique fuzz pedal too - prolly a Basic Audio Gnarly or Scarab...

It never ends, lol...

I have the Fryette Power Station coming my way also. I'm pretty stoked about pairing that with my M4. I really haven't been happy with my RM50 compared to using the M4 in the loop of my other amp.
For some reason I'm obsessing over the Soldano Hot Rod 25, thank god it's over $2k. That should keep my GAS under control. Now the Mark V:25... :lol:
Lastly, I'm looking to check out the PRS SE Zach Meyers, I've read good reviews on it, but have yet to play it myself.
Only a couple more weeks to NAMM... looking forward to what Bruce has to offer MTS.

Although the JF Ultra Lead is the best I've tried (nice tight bottom, dynamics and harmonics) I can make it do a Mesa Mark tone, a classic mid gain or modern high gain Marshall and even an Orange crunch/high gain... I still GAS over several mods.

Also on my quest to keep everything in a rack just like Marco, I was looking into changing my Mesa 50/50 and the 5153 for a VHT 2/50/2 which I found at a good price around here, and now that Power Station has got my attention.
How does that work as a boost of the output, is it like a power amp?

EDIT: I just read the Power Station specs page which I didn't see before, it's a 2x6L6 50w amp. Nice.

Latest pedal score was the Nova Drive, 18 overdrive/distortion presets that switch smoothly with the RM4 presets. Scratched a long time itch adding that to the rig.
Latest cabinet addition was a custom pine Bluesbreaker style from TRM. I had him make it with swappable 2x10 and 1x12 baffles, then finished it myself and added Vox grills to both baffles.

9010630E-7CA8-45FF-AD91-15F58EC5005C_zps0ux9nnmi.jpg

I just bought a GSP1101, but I don't expect much out of it. I got it at a great price, and I had some gift cards from Christmas. My effects pedals are effing awesome, but they aren't midi. I can get perfect sounds out of them, but to recall a preset... I have to get out the pencil and paper LoO. The gear I'm really Gassing over is way out of my price range. Unfortunately I have incredibly expensive taste.

suphuckers said:
I just bought a GSP1101, but I don't expect much out of it. I got it at a great price, and I had some gift cards from Christmas. My effects pedals are effing awesome, but they aren't midi. I can get perfect sounds out of them, but to recall a preset... I have to get out the pencil and paper LoO. The gear I'm really Gassing over is way out of my price range. Unfortunately I have incredibly expensive taste.

I too just recently got a GSP1101. It's awesome really, so I doubt you'll be too disappointed. Personally, I think it's front of amp FX aren't all that good, and prefer my nova drive & tonelab for all front of amp FX. So, I just run the GSP in my series loop. Once dialed in, it's completely transparent & takes the RM's high FX levels just fine as well - no attenuation needed & no clipping - and I run all my module volumes at 3-5 o'clock. Plus, the unit clips out when ran using the 4CM. So, I just don't, lol.

Corium_AZ said:
I too just recently got a GSP1101. It's awesome really, so I doubt you'll be too disappointed. Personally, I think it's front of amp FX aren't all that good, and prefer my nova drive & tonelab for all front of amp FX. So, I just run the GSP in my series loop. Once dialed in, it's completely transparent & takes the RM's high FX levels just fine as well - no attenuation needed & no clipping - and I run all my module volumes at 3-5 o'clock. Plus, the unit clips out when ran using the 4CM. So, I just don't, lol.

Yeh, I was expecting you to chime in on that comment. I'm probably going to use the 1101 a completely different way than you, but I do expect it to be fun to play with. I wouldn't have bought it if I thought it was junk. I'm pretty sure it isn't going to come even close to the $1300+ worth of pedals I want to buy tho. Hopefully it'll stall me off from that purchase for a minute or two. Wish me luck ;)

This year I want, not need, want :)

Diezel Hagen, to go with my Herbert - everyone needs at least two Diezel amps!

Dan Gower Killer Kalli++, got the Marshall Superbass all ready to go!

I'm also GASing for the new Cantrell Freidman amp and the Ampete 444 switching system too!

Add a late 70's Hiwatt 4x12 to my GAS. It's stinky alright. Donkey punch.
http://s279.photobucket.com/user/the_real_geetarzan/media/_57%205.jpg.html

Always have some form of GAS happening! Right now I want a Milkman amp and a Palin guitar after seeing Lance Keltner demo that combo on Youtube.

When his demo kicks in at the end of the video and you hear his recorded tone on his Milkman Creamer demo, it just sounds fantastic.

Outside of that I want an SSL Matrix Desk combined with a Rupert Neve summing mixer to get the flexibility of having two desk sounds in one!

I will keep dreaming!