Two JF mod clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
This place is really slow lately! Anyway, I recorded this a while back and never put it out here. I really liked Clapton's tone from John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers and had Rob design me a copy of that Marshall. So the lead tone is the Bluesbreaker mod.The rhythm guitars were recorded using another a custom mod from JF called a GA-50 which is a copy of an old Gibson from back in the 40s or early 50s.
Both of these mods blow me away. It is like I am playing on an ancient amp.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=rwinking

Waaoooowww THAT sounds nice and really authentic, especially the lead tone. Really really nice tone... :shock:

That's nice tone. how are you recording it and what speakers?

I was excited to see that Bluesbreaker a while back but thought against it. how will it clean up? is it touch sensitive from clean to dirty just with pick attack?

I have a Gibson Mercury that is the roundest sound I've ever played. overdriven sounds like a Marshall

I recorded it into the two torpedo live speaker emulator and into protools via a Presonus mixer. I have not really tried to clean up the tone as I use it for the British Blues sound that i am so fond of. I will try tomorrow and let you know. It find it to be touch sensitive. On the recording you can hear where I bear down on a note the character changes
I also really like that GA-50 I used as it did both of those rhythm tones. It will clean up and do really warm tone.
here it is on an old clip with my L-5:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1234714&content=songinfo&songID=12520152

This is why I love MTS so much, That I can get tones like this plus all of the high gain stuff or old Fender stuff all in one amp. I have a classic tele c&w tone on a tune that I will try to post tomorrow done on Rob's base modded deluxe.