MTS coming back

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulf

Reaction score
Good news. Bruce Egnater has prototypes of his E2 and a one slot preamp on display at NAMM. In addition, there were no less than eight new modules on display including modules by Friedman, Soldano and Marshall.

Whow!

You can see the samples in the Friedman audition room. Not sure, if you can hear them. The might be doing amp demos only.

Friedman stuff is top notch....still makes me wonder if his special sauce one offs wouldn't be better than the production level version.

Dave made minor tweaks to all the Lycnh models and they sounded better than the production level versions...I hope it's not the same either the new Egnaters.

I love his BE, C45 and HBE modules though!

crankyrayhanky said:
What up old friends!
I hear the E2 is being talked about again
Thank would be awesome!

Crankyrayhanky! Good to see you 'round here...E2 sounds like a real thing...So let the Kemper cool down and start MTSing with us again!

In all seriousness, I hope you are well and things are still rocking out West...

I heard about new HBE, Soldano, and JCM800 modules, and possibly a Phil X module too.

Supposedly there are Morgan and 65 amp modules coming as well (along with the current Twin/Deluxe, Bassman, Vox, and EG3/4 etc).

E2 and E1 chassis' are being built by Fryette.

Also new power amp(s) possibly coming too?

GREAT NEWS!

My main concern is that these manufacturers may have an incentive not to make their modules too good since it could risk interfering with their ordinary product line. Therefore I still think the services of talented modders like salvation and jaded faith will remain unsurpassed and indispensable

blacksun said:
My main concern is that these manufacturers may have an incentive not to make their modules too good since it could risk interfering with their ordinary product line. Therefore I still think the services of talented modders like salvation and jaded faith will remain unsurpassed and indispensable

I think people have this all wrong. There's a huge difference between MTS and a "real" amp. When people say "real" amp, it makes me smh.

MTS is something completely different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtepG8EvHE

The reason I choose MTS is because "real" amps are too limited for me. It has nothing to do with what I can afford. I buy MTS because I like MTS. My amp IS a "real" amp. I have like 15 modules. Just like a lot of us do. Lets just say $250 ea. for the sake of argument. (Most of mine are worth more I suspect but...) That's $4000 worth of Modules. Then I have an RM100, and an RM4, and an RM50, an etc.. What "real" amp is it that I couldn't have purchased?

blacksun, I think you nailed my point with the comment, " their ordinary product line".

As far as the theory that they won't make good modules for fear that people wont buy their amps. You should just look around at all of the things that people make. In fact if they were smart they would do the opposite. Putting out a poor product would be a dumb move. If they are smart they will make the BEST module anyone has ever seen.

I just think there's a good chance they won't put out anything at all.

I'm thinking we'll see something within a year from this project but I'm an optimist.

MTS amps are very real amps.

MTS never died for those of us still here.

That's all....

My true wonder is if the new mods will compare to what we already have....

I think a Friedman production BE/HBE PhilX SS module will be better than one of his modded ones because it's built from the ground up and not just swapping a couple components.

Rob at Tone Merchants also said the modules on display were not for the public to see yet; it was to show other amp manufactures they were on board.

I'd say we've all been super fortunate to either get into MTS at such affordable costs (or for those who were already in it to expand their gear,) over the last handful of years. The modders and community are likely why it's still here.

There've been quite a few who've sold all their MTS gear only to return to buy again. The idea of MTS appears to bei very magnetic.

Now with a group of great amp companies building mods (and the chassis,) it will be interesting to see where it goes. Guitar players in general can be a conservative lot with regards to amps, and I agree with suphuckers on the likelihood of seeing high quality products being produced.

Hopefully the new stuff will get heard by the naysayers, and leave a positive impression.

I'm one of those guys that's benefited from less expensive MTS gear (not counting the modules I've been buying...lol). All I have to say is that I'm excited by the possibilities of being able to add to the custom modules I already have with ones produced by the likes of Friedman etc.

I've sold off a lot of "real" amps and replaced it with MTS gear. I've increased flexibility for recording and playing out and decreased the space the gear is taking up and the weight I'm trying to carry with me. Some of my modules nail the tones of gear I replaced them with and others have their own coloration to them. But that's all fine with me because in the end it's what I create with the gear that matters, not that it is an exact copy of someone else's tone. :)

Bruce:
Here is the scoop. We have renamed the modular products with the new Synergy name. Did this because of the affiliation with the companies that want in on it and seemed odd to be putting a Friedman or Soldano module into an Egnater amp. I still own the modular designs etc. Since all us amp guys are friends, this was an easy progression into the expanded modular world where we are creating a true "Synergy" of like thinking people. I have worked directly with all the amp guys to create their modules using their schematic designs and specifications. At this time we have the BE and HBE modules with Friedman. The Soldano SLO. The Morgan AC. The Synergy (Egnater) T/D and Bassman modules which, by the way, have two totally separate channels within the modules. Also, pending Marshall's final approval, are the JCM and Plexi modules. A number of other companies and designers have shown an interest so, no doubt, there will more to follow.
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=164674

New modules are sweet, especially from the original amp makers.

However, anyone know if the actual amps are going to be different or better somehow? Maybe more flexible in the power amp sections or something? I just don't see a reason yet to get rid of the old gear...

mikegyver said:
I just don't see a reason yet to get rid of the old gear...

I don't think there is. I'm not looking at this as trying to get current clients to "upgrade." I'm looking at this as trying to bring in new clients. My "old gear" won't be going anywhere. Especially, since there is no news of a MOD50/MOD100 replacement. This seems like more of a relaunch and addition.