Suphuckers Custom Faceplate Shop ;)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. What's your method of printing and adhesion?

Shameless plug for blank stainless steel faceplates. :D

275d23c85776d47a0ba91a5f5911e40e_zpsc00495d1.jpg

drewiv said:

Hmm, No worries about the shameless plug drew ;)

I was trying to find a place to get them printed directly on the metal. That turned out to be a PITA.

As it turns out, I forgot (and then remembered) that I have a friend that I think is going to be able to help me out. He can't do the direct to metal printing but he can make them as good (or better) than most other plates I've seen. I'm a little disappointed about the direct to metal printing, but... I have other more important things to worry about heh.

So from the looks of those plates you have a bit of experience with Faceplates.

You just mentioning it because of the plates? Or are you into the printing too?

suphuckers said:
drewiv said:

Hmm, No worries about the shameless plug drew ;)

I was trying to find a place to get them printed directly on the metal. That turned out to be a PITA.

As it turns out, I forgot (and then remembered) that I have a friend that I think is going to be able to help me out. He can't do the direct to metal printing but he can make them as good (or better) than most other plates I've seen. I'm a little disappointed about the direct to metal printing, but... I have other more important things to worry about heh.

So from the looks of those plates you have a bit of experience with Faceplates.

You just mentioning it because of the plates? Or are you into the printing too?

I have no idea how to print a faceplate. I'm in metal working, drawing them up in CAD and sourcing the laser cutting of the faceplates was easy for me, I stalled at printing. I looked into anodizing and laser-etching, but that's expensive.

Oh, and by the way, they're aluminum, not stainless. Non ferrous either way. :wink:

Mattfig said:
Very good! Looks totally pro!

Thanks Matt,

I'm doing the graphics myself, and it's taking me a minute to get that just right. So far the only one that I really like is that one for the Vybe. The other one's are still in process. I printed out a test copy of that one this morning, and it needs a few alignment changes. I've had a lot of positive comments from people on the design of that one. I tried to make it look like a 68 vibrolux I saw.

The guy that's doing the actual production of them owns a professional commercial company that does this stuff, so I'm pretty lucky to know him.

I'm just glad he's willing to do them, because really there isn't much in it for him. He's just doing it because he's a friend. He'll make whatever I want, but... It's probably more of a pita for him than anything.

Interesting timing for this thread
I was wondering about getting anodised plates done and laser etching the patterns and legends on - much like the Mr Scary

I remember seeing a blue Mr Scary on and thinking it looked cool and wanted a Purple Soldano to go with mine.

An anodised blue Bogner fish clone would be fun

felineguitars said:
Interesting timing for this thread
I was wondering about getting anodised plates done and laser etching the patterns and legends on - much like the Mr Scary

I remember seeing a blue Mr Scary on and thinking it looked cool and wanted a Purple Soldano to go with mine.

An anodised blue Bogner fish clone would be fun

I was originally trying to see if I could get some plates made like that. I have a few modules that have some awesome looking plates on them. They have the metal showing through and etc.. I'm not sure if I'm going to get that far into it though felineguitars. My friend does have the ability to do some of that kind of stuff.

The ones that I have shown are good enough quality for my personals desires. I just need to get the art correct, and do a better job of lining everything up.

I basically just have a few modules that I really don't like the way they look. I was looking to get some custom plates made, and I was quoted $41 shipped for a stock (newer version) faceplate. ..and honestly my jaw hit the floor. If it had been a custom plate, and maybe with some of that etching you were talking about before, I might have felt different. ..but a stock plate? meh LoL.

"A faceplate for that would run $30. $11 shipping"

That's what started all this. ..and I'm not going to say any more about that ;)

I'm entertaining the possibility of making a few for some other people while I'm doing this, but it's not really a business venture.

Currently I'm just laying the new art over the original plates. My friend can make the metal plates if I want. I can make them too. I'd have to hand cut mine, which I could do, but it would be a hassle. My friend has the machines to do it, but I don't want to bug him too much. Also I'm talking to Drew about some of his blank plates. ...Sooo that's where I'm at on the metal plates.

The ones I posted are put right over top of the old plates though, and honestly I think they are fine that way.

I really could just strip off the old art. So far I've been leaving it underneath (..and it is possible to take off the new and get it back to stock) You can't really see anything wrong or that the old art is under it. The new stuff won't come off unless you try to take it off. My friend says it remains removable for about 3 yrs, then it gets a lot harder to remove. I'm not 100% sure where all that will go.

For now I'm just making the art.