Love for the JF OD Special

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
WOW! OK I have so many mods that some of them kind of sit around for a while and then I think "Hmmm...I oughta try this one. I used to like it a lot and then forgot about it..." This happened recently with Rob's Dumble clone. It was truly mind blowing. I can see why people pay zillions for Dumbles. The mod is kind of mid gain with a kind of Orange-ish grind (but not Orange sounding) for chordal stuff and then sustain-y screaming lead tones.. It is it's own thing and just screams. it is also louder than most of my mods, and I mean louder. I used to use it with the gain down for old R&B stuff but recently had a gig where I needed an in your face solo sound and it did the trick. The EQ is much different han most of my other EQs and I can't put my finger on it.
I love it so much I plan on marrying it and you are all invited to the wedding.

Yeah I love mine. I use it with the Vybe Deluxe as my clean channel and the ODS as the dirty.
Those two in my RM22 with Robs custom mercury magnetics transformers gives me my dream tones in one small gigging head. So good.

I apparently own #2 and #3 according to Rob. I saw he was selling #1 from his own rack which was interesting to me. The two that I have are not identical. I really like them both tho. I received one of them in an RM50, and the original idea was to sell it ASAP after receiving the head. I so far haven't brought myself to sell it. The 1st one I picked up has a 3 way boost switch. The center position gives me a really mellow clean sound that I really like. The other module that came in the RM50 is much dirtier. It has that bluesy kind of natural OD sound. It's hard to get that one 100% clean. I picked the RM50 up just to have something small to take to a friends house to jam or w/e. I keep thinking those two modules side by side in that head make for a really nice amp. A friend of mine has another ODS that he bought (on this forum) a while back. That one is different sounding still. Very similar, but all three have unique qualities, and all three are great mod's.

suphuckers said:
I apparently own #2 and #3 according to Rob. I saw he was selling #1 from his own rack

I got that one. It has "PROTOTYPE" written on the bottom and may have been upgraded to a later rev subsequently, but I suspect not, as I find myself setting the EQ the same way Graham did in this thread: Bass 0, Mids 0, Treble 10

suphuckers said:
The 1st one I picked up has a 3 way boost switch. The center position gives me a really mellow clean sound that I really like.

The prototype has the three way boost switch too. Middle is off, right is a full-range boost, left is a high frequency boost.

Love mine. Have a stock Blackface as a clean platform for pedals, but the ODS is the only gain module I really bonded with. A home run.